The owner wanted to upgrade his 10 years old BH with about 300++ nests.
He mentioned a few complains and wanted my best solutions.
I discovered a few very weird thing about this BH.
One of it was that it was in a 3 stories shop house building however the BH was only one floor.
The weird thing is to know that it was on the middle floor and not the top floor?
A very strange thing. The more you think the more you will get confused.
He must have some strong reasons to opt for the middle floor.
Well he claimed that he was the first to start the farming before his neighbors started doing the same.
They lured many of his young birds and now he wanted to fight back.
This was where I was asked to inspect and recommend how to bring back those young birds.
The number of nests, according to him, was stagnant and the time have come for him to take some action.
When he called for help I was about 20 minutes drive away at Ulu Tiram.
I stopped over and review what was wrong with his BH.
I only wrote a few things that I feel need to be done.
After handing over the brief report he called asking for what is the cost to carry out the upgrade.
I thought he wanted to carry out the works himself.
No Pak Harry I want you and your workers to come over and do precisely what you have recommended.
Oh ya ya.
That was the history of how I got myself over for 5 days.
The list of things that were carried out are as follows:
1) The main entrance hole or LMB was reduced in size slightly.
2) Now the LMB is lined with wood so that those tweeters can be easily installed.
3) I changed the old external sound tweeters (3 pieces only) with my trusted AG 35 tweeters. I installed 4 pieces.
4) With many reighbors staying opposite I have decided to have a dedicated line for sound management. This 4 pieces of tweeters will only be activated twice a day about 1.5 hours each day during those peak time.
5) The roving room entrance window was converted into a door. This door will allows those birds to fly in not only from the top but also at the bottom. It tends to be bright but necessary precautions were carried out to reduce those morning sun light.
6) The second door that connect the roving room with the main nesting room was slightly reduced to cut down the bright light.
7) All the wall surface of the roving room was painted with black colored paint.
8) The main nesting room consisted of two part. The main was to wide so I erected a wall to introduce a VIP room.
9) The second room on the left was turned into the 2nd vip room by erecting another small wall. The BH now is with two VIP rooms that are currently the most populated.
10) I brought about 200 feet of nesting planks to close those wide boxes on the ceiling. I introduced about 9 rows of cross woods. These cross woods created more 90* corners (300 of them) and at the same time increase the nesting surfaces.
11) The whole house now is with about 180 pieces of new internal sound tweeters. The old was too few so I have decided to remove all of them and introduce a new set.
12) To pull those birds to the back of the VIP rooms a number of chocolate tweeters were installed.
13) The amplifiers were changed however one of the old were still used to play the sound for my kite tweeters.
14) I introduce 4 pieces of kite tweeters. This is a very interesting gadget where it will help to bring more net in between the two tweeters.
15) Both the external and internal sounds were changed.
16) The kite tweeters plays an external sound for 18 hours.
17) The floor was installed with two humidifiers and set to operate 5 times a day.
18) Managed to spray the nesting room floors with sea weed water and bird shit water before I left the BH.
It is now perfect and I assure the owner that within 8-10 month he will see some changes.
I reminded him to call me to come over to check his BH every 2-3 months.
I hope he will follow all the instructions given.