Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2008

Two Acts And Two Compliments !!!

While celebrating the Hari Raya in my home Town, SPatani, I attended to two calls to visit a "Failed BH" and "Birdcall Test in BM".


1) Failed BH

This BH was in Pinang Tunggal Penang.

The owner built the BH at the back of his house and he did the construction by himself. It took him more then a year but the marvelous thing that he did was to built his dream BH by just listening to other BH owners.

Not a very bad designed BH but after two full months the birds refuse to enter the BH.

Pak Harry please help to bring those birds in.

I entered the BH and the first room was the Data room. Hmm not a bad arrangement and some of those equipments were new to me. I took a closer look and as usual their connections were done up by his "Electrician". He got no inkling ideas how they works. The sound settings, the volume, the cable connections and the sound played were not very right to me.

He was running my Duress sound??? Oh... That might be the reason why those birds refuse to enter his BH.

I did some adjustments and removed the Duress. Put in my Batu Gajah.

Now entered the first floor. As usual there were many important things that he did wrong but the strange thing was that he got a fair ideas how to construct those tunnel to bring those birds into various floor of the BH. He have a big pond below the tunnel and have a constant water falling down into the pond.

He uses steel channel iron to support two of the four ceilings. They were not to my liking. Some he covered with cement board panel and most were exposed. Due to the steel channel the box crossing do not touch the ceiling. Hmm.... wide open and there are lots of thing to do.

Well I promised to do the recommendation during the weekend.

Since making those adjustments and placed the Batu Gajah, those birds seem to like it.

At around 5- 7 pm there were more then 50 birds hovering over the BH, Some ware biting the external tweeters. They called to confirm.

I am so glad to see those glow that came back to the owner's face.

Pak Harry I am so Happy for what you have done. Please drop by and let me treat you with the best Fish Head Curry in Pinang Tunggal.

2) Bird Call Test In BM.

Received a phone called on Hari Raya day from Mr. K of Permatang Pauh. The town that was very hot with the bi election activities a few months ago.

Mr. K planned to purchase a four stories building for RM350K. He planned to convert the building to BH.

He was pretty smart after reading my blog about the bird call test. So he make me drive up to see him.

I know inside him he do not believe much but I want to change that perception.

I used the plug and play unit. Played for more then 20 minutes only 10 to 15 birds that came over.

I told him that it is not very promising.

He was cooled and was in deep though. Suddenly he sprang with a surprise. "Harry I want you to follow me to BM".

So we went to this piece of land for sale. Harry this is my family's land and i wanted to sell.

Can you conduct the call? Oh sure I am ready as usual.

Before that I was very sure the time was right and there were a reasonable numbers of swiftlet flying home.

The moment the sound was switched on, the birds congregate over our head. More and more keep coming and by 20 minutes we were looking at more then 1,500 birds.

"Harry you are a real Sifu and I don't believe what I am looking at now."

Mr.K, I am no Sifu or a Bomoh. I am just a friend who knows slightly more then any normal person.

His wife was also there to be his advisor. She too was so excited to see something she have never seen before. Keep looking up there on the sky and enjoyed every minute of the test.

Mr.K, can you make the right decision now? Oh yes this place is much better.

I am glad that he now believed in what I have been promoting and I am sure he will be a better investor now.

Received this email this morning from him:

Hello Harry,

It was great meeting you yesterday and many thanks for the demonstration of birdcall and most important of all, the wonderful feeling and experience!

As encouraged by you yesterday, I would like to invest approximately RM 1xxK to construct a BH in this area and would be very much obliged if you kindly advise me how to proceed further.

Enclosed herewith is the site plan of Lot 12 for your kind perusal.

Thank you and with best regards,

Mr K

I am glad to be of service to these newbies and I hope those little helps do make them happy that they have someone to guide them.

No comments: