Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Visited two BHs In One Day !!!!


During the weekend visited a couple of places.

Among all two places were very interesting. Both BHs were stand alone on agriculture land.

The first unit in Pokok Sena, Alor Star, Kedah.

The owner, a Hj and his siblings were with me to select the best range of sound for the new BH.







The owner indicated that the house was recently completed and needed some good sounds to get those birds into the house.

When I received Hj's call I told him that I can arrange to meet him and test all the best sounds in my collection.

We did the test in the morning. Tested about 9 good sounds and four works well with the species found in the area.

One thing for sure was that before a good sound is played there were no birds. Once we put the sound on they came from no where. The owner was observing my activities and did the counting before recording on a piece of paper.

We select those sounds that pulls at least 15 birds when they were played.

I told him that I will prepare a Medley for his sound library.

The other BH was in Penang. A very very rare chance to visit a stand alone BH on Penang island. I managed to visit one and strange enough it was in a Durian orchard.



The unit was about 500 feet above sea level and there were many birds that came during the bird call test.

More response at noon but once it gets to about 5:30 pm the number started to reduce.

Those AF must have gone down to the flat land or those water ponds or rivers close by.

After having a good look at the inside, work out the recommendations that will help the owner to improve his nest population.


Donation: I am sure you have learned something after reading this article. If you feel that the lesson learned deserved an encouragement you can contribute a some donation to this account: Yayasan Kebajikan Nah Sabah, 100930010038410 at Allied Bank, Malaysia.

No comments: