Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Semenyih Connection !!!

"Pak Harry, I need your big help.  My good friend ffrom Semenyih is having a huge problem with his new BH.."

Okay before I meet up with your troubled  friend can I know how is your BH at Kajang Utama which I recently revamped?

It doing well Pak and it seems that there was a big group of birds that came in to inspect the BH recently.  I used my CCTV recorder to check and I think my BH now is in a very good condition. Prior to your revamp works there was not a single birds coming in. Now nearly every day I can see some that comes in and a few already stayed.

So that was some conversation made with Mr B before meeting his friend from Semenyih who recently put a BH into operation but not visitor so far.

"Mr P, how did you get your self involved in Swiftlet Farming?" I was curious.

Pak Harry I started by becoming a silent partner in a JV BH purchased in Gambang, Pahang.  What myself and a few friends did was to purchase an old BH with about 300 nests.  We then did some renovation and hola now we have more then 700 nests.

After that I though I can copy exactly the same and started one in Semenyih but not a single birds comes in to stay after more then 3 months.  I just do not understand why.

"So you think by just duplicating you can be assured of those wild birds?"

Then I met this business friend who happened to use your services and he seems to be very happy with your revamp works.  He said that his BH now is like a 6 stars hotel while mine is only a Motel.

Oh yah?  Well he is lucky to have stumbled into me and my blog site.  I never knew him before this but now he seems to know me more then me.  He reads my blog everyday and learned so much from my writing. 

Now let me have a good look at your BH.  We drove to the BH and manage to inspect the building.

Entered the three stories building, a stand alone, with a hardware shop at the ground floor.

As usual the BH seems to be very empty with very little things that will attract those birds to stay, I told him.

The biggest show down will be the heat from the walls.  It seem that the side walls were directly facing the morning and evening sun. The heat insulation materials used by the contractor were not working.  The laser gun temperature sensor indicated a 37*C on the surface.  This can be a big problem during the hot season.

The entrance hole was too big and the shade on the roof was too long.

The Hexagonal tweeters was not properly placed.

The LAL was okay but no a single tweeters on the perimeter.

The tweeters were those square type and there were no external sound tweeters inside the nesting room.

The nesting planks looks solid and good but there were mold/fungus on the ceiling.

The sound, both the internal and external, yek, not the kind of sound that will pull those birds in.

There were just too many rooms and very little flying areas for those birds.

He confessed to me that the house was a DIY and his contractor just follow what he instructed them to do.

After the visit I was asked to submit a proposal to transform the BH.


Looking forward to a new a exciting project in Semenyih......

No comments: