Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Elevated VIP Room BH Design !!!

 (The high density nests just above the staircase.)


I wish I can talk to those birds and if I do my first question will be "Mr Swiftlet can you tell me your design criteria for your place to stay".

Since we cannot talk to them we can only observe their characteristics and come out with the best interpretation what they like and what they don't.

In my many visits to BHs I have many observations and did came out with many special conclusions on how to provide them with the ideal gadgets or solutions to lure them into our BH.

Among the best, which I recently promoted, was the creation of VIP rooms.

After that I discovered their special liking to wet floor and I recommended the use of wet floor concept inside the VIP room.

I also discovered that they love tweeters that played the louder and crystal clear sound.  I came out with those "Chandelier Tweeters" and recently "Kite Tweeters".

And there were many more things that have make us realized that if you can provide the things that they loved there is a very high chances that they will choose out BH as compared to others who have no ideas on what those birds loves to have.

Recently I discovered that these wild birds seem to have the habit of choosing the roof area that are higher above the BH floor as compared to the standard height.

First observation was made in Tanjung Malim, Selangor.  About two years ago I remembered being invited into a 3 years old BH with about 400 nests.  The owner was very proud to show me his asset and there was something strange about where those birds love to build their nests.  The highest density was at one area that was a bit higher then the rest of the roof areas.  I did not make any conclusion about it but it was keep hidden in my mind.

The second similar observation made was in a BH in Nilai, N9.  This BH was with about 380 nests and the owner wanted my assistance to carry out the FH.  We conducted the nests count and I was surprised that one of the preferred nesting area was at the ceiling of the staircase where the ceiling height was the tallest.

Hmm..... very strange but interesting.

Yesterday I was in SP and I was in another highly populated BH.  I did the nests count for another FH operation. Again a similar thing was observed.  Nearly 50% of the nests built inside this BH were along the staircase where the height were slightly higher then the rest of the ceiling areas.

Now what can be the reasons?

1) They might have conducted a drop test to ensure that the height is suitable for their baby to take their first flight.

2)They must have come from another BH that was burglarized before.  They noticed that those nests that were higher then normal were not harvested.

3) They might feel safer on the higher areas since they are more isolated then the rest.

There might be some reasons I postulated but we cannot be 100% sure of their reasons.

The only thing that came to my mind was "Can we accommodate this special areas in our BH especially the VIP room area?".

What I came out was this "Elevated Roof VIP BH Design".

I have given the sketch to my draftsman yesterday and I hope it will be ready for distribution by next two weeks.

Have a look at what I came out with and I am sure you can use the idea to come out with many other designs.

Just try to provide a suitable nesting areas where the roof is slightly elevated or higher then the rest.

If you have any comment or things to share call me at 017 755 1318.  The new BH with elevated VIP room drawings will be available soon.



No comments: