Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another BH Somewhere At Bukit Selambau Kedah !!!

Something that I make me drive more than 1 hour from Sungai Patani to just see what can be wrong with this BH.


The owner flew back from Bangkok Thailand just wanted to have my opinion about his BH at Bukit Selambau.

The moment the ground floor door was opened I saw something that makes me predicted that the entrance hole was facing the East.

In the beginning the owner was thinking that I was joking but after checking with my iPhone compass it was true.

"How do you know that Pak Harry?"  the owner wanted my explanation.

Very simple I told him.

Just look at the number of bird shits spots on the ground floor and you said your BH have been into operation about 20 months.

If your entrance hole faces the west those birds will not be flying down to the lowest floor.

He now begin to realize that there are some of those things that is predictable if you know more about swiftlet characteristics.

Now one have told him that but I did.

After inspecting his BH for almost 30 minutes I listed a few things that can be done to draw more birds into his 20 months old BH.

He need to do something on the outside but there were also a few changes which I verbally told him how to get all those that entered will stay for good.

The sound system needs some upgrade and I proposed that each floor to be provided with a dedicated amplifier to allow internal sound volume control.  Let the nesting room where he wanted those birds to populate be on a higher volume as compared to the hall areas.

I also wanted his to split the three stories BH into two BHs.

The top most dedicated to one of the entrance hole top entry hole while the lower floors be dedicated using the side entrance hole.

I might want to widen the main entrance hole to be about 3 feet by 4 feet.

The monkey house roof areas to be converted to become like a magnet to lure more birds to the BH.

Internally there will be extra tweeters and walls rearrangements.

I am looking forward to start this new challenge and I am very sure it will be another interesting story.




No comments: