Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Wonderful View Of A Three Stories Elevated BH !!!

How nice to own a BH in the middle of a paddy field closed to a big river.

I took some time to look into the basic problems with this well designed BH.

The owner claimed that after more than 2,5 years into operation there were only 20 nests.

His investment outlay was RM 900,000 and returned of investment so far is zero or perhaps negative.

I walked around the BH and took some beautiful photos of the BH.

Just have a good look and try to notice any thing unusual.







I might want to list some for your to learn and understand how to look for any unusual things:

1) One very odd thing that I first stared at are those ventilation holes.  They are found only at the ends but not on the main walls.  This will create shortage of air to ventilate the BH properly.

2) The size of the monkey house looks a bit big.  However if you observe carefully only one window was opened.  It used to have three but two were shut down.  For such a large monkey house I feel two windows is not a bad idea.

3) One part of the zinc roof are tearing away.  I am not in favor of installing zinc roof above the monkey house.  Reason being I cannot utilize the roof areas to install those hexagonal tweeters and power tweeters.

4) The zinc roof extension was a bit too short.  I would prefer it to be extended by about 1 meter out to provide shadows to lessen the wall's exposure to direct sunlight.

5) There is no hexagonal tweeter on the monkey house.  I will usually declare that a BH with no hexagonal tweeter will usually have very poor result.  The hexagonal tweeter is a must and it must be precisely located nearest to the main entrance hole/window.

I will write something more when we come closer to the BH.

No comments: