Search This Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Just The Beginning And You Are Far Away From Your Dream- UPDATE !!!


Latest inspection report:

This message received on July 11th 2015:

On July 8th 2015 entered my BH and have the followings to report:

1) Installed a sticker at one of the nest with babies.

2) Nests under construction = 15 locations.

3) Location with saliva markings: 21 locations.

4) Total possible number of nests: 37 pieces.

5) Installed new fake nests 50 pieces at locations with markings and those that are potential.

Please bring a canister of your Pheromone.

Ready to learn from you on how to air layer  figs trees.

My target now is to reach 1 kg nests by October 2015.



Last night July 4th 2015 met this BH owner whose BH is showing a very good progress after renovation works.

He attended my Swiftlet Seminar at TH Hotel Penang and quickly engaged me to look at his BH.

I remember very well on the first day when I saw an owl leaving the LMB the moment his son open the steel door.

I took some time to view it and came out with about 27 pages report.

He took all my recommendations and revamped it for almost 1.5 months.

My key point was on how to stop the owl from coming to view his BH.

He took my advice to install an electrical shock wiring system.

So far it works very well.

After almost three months (after revamp operation)  he discovered rows of bird shit markings all over the top and the ground floor.

One of it was with two young chicks.

His July 1st 2015 visit sound something like this:

Entered into my BH at Bukit Selambau at about 11 am.  Found on the top floor 1 full nest with baby birds and another 5 new nests under construction on those styrofoam fake nests.  A;so 10-15 new markings ready to turn into nests.  Ground floor only 2 nests under construction also on those fake nests.

He submitted a number of pictures and the most amazing was the number of rows below those cross woods and beam ends.

The top floor seems to have the most number while the ground floor only one particular row.

He was delighted but did nothing to ensure that those visitors will be his permanent tenant.

Last night while having a cup of coffee with him I told him that those signs are good but he should have done something to ensure that those visitors will be his tenants.

He looks clueless and asked me what was I referring to?

I look into his eyes and told him the followings:

1) Your BH have a very good potential to be a successful BH.  You need to aim of getting around 5-10 kg a month however you need to put more effort into it.

2) The first thing I wanted him to do was to carry with him at least 20-50 fake nests.  Some those 90* shape while some will be the rectangular shape.  I reminded that from today on ward he must never enter his BH without doing a list of things.

3) The first thing I wanted his to do was to carry out the Nest Kick Start (NKS) operation.  Every new marking that he discovered, if at a new spot with no fake nests installed, have to be acted by adding a fake nest.  Those that were at 90* corners he must install the 90* corner fake nests.  Those on the flat surface he must install those rectangular shape fake nests.

4) He could not understand why.  I precisely informed him that most of those new markings are those of new couples who have never built a nest before.  They need some help from us the owner of a new BH.  The fake nests will help these young couples to quickly built their nests with very little amount of saliva.  These nests will be ready in the shortest possible time.

5)  My strategy in applying the NKS system is to force those young couple to lay their first egg inside this new BH.  I keep reminding the owner that usually once they laid their first egg in your BH they will usually be your tenant until they die.

6) Each couple is an important asset and you cannot be wasting your time on every visit.  Get them to be you tenant so that you can quickly populate your BH.

7) Another important job that I recommended to him was to spray those Super Pheromone on all those fake nests during every visit.  Try to visit once every three weeks and spray those Pheromone on every fake nests installed and with no egg yet,  The Pheromone can enhance his chances to secure those new couples.

8) His BH now is without any humidifier.  My recommendation to him was to install one.  If he cannot effort he have to wet the BH using those plastic hose.  Spray the water on the floor and the wall.  Hopefully one day he will be able to upgrade with a set of mist spray system.

9) I pressed on him about the hot weather facing by every BH at the moment.  We are facing this high temperature problem and his BH with only one layer of bricks will not be very save.  He have to allocate some budget to block direct sun light  especially the evening sun shinning onto his BH walls.  I tried to asked him to do them in stages.  If he is not lucky all his new visitors will soon fly away once the temperature hit 34*C.

He was very pleased with my recommendations and I am sure from last night he will at least start to NKS his BH during every visit.





























No comments: