Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Ajil BH: The Roving Areas Inside Its Monkey House Was Too Big !!!

I was going through my visit report on Ajil BH owned by a lady.

While up in the monkey house roving areas I told the owner that his monkey house roving areas was too big.

The dimension was 20 feet by 20 feet that makes it 400 square feet.

I have observed, many times, their behaviors when they enter out monkey house.

What we expect is that they should fly in at the roving area and soon after they will enter our BH nesting room.

That was not always right.

When you roving area, in this case inside the Monkey House, is too big they tend to play longer then what is expected from them.

I give the estimate that out of 10 that enter maybe 2-3 might fly inside.

What happen to the rest 8-7 of the 10?

They will simply find their way out and will keep doing that until they become tired of the new sound we played.

So it defeat the purpose of having too large a roving area.

What I suggested to the BH owner was to reduce the size by half.

My idea was to erect a wall and turn the excess areas into insect breeding areas.

The new wall will have a proper door to access the roof and at the same time opened a window about 2 feet by 2 feet to allow morning light to enter the BH.

It will look something like these sketches.





The owner seems to be very happy with my new design.

The idea of breeding insect inside the excess areas was something which she never thought off.

Well I doubt if she even know that there is this insect breeding method.

Well let see if she learn how to mix the insect food.

No comments: