Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Ajil BH: Slow But Picking Up The Birds Population.




Do you still remember this BH that was attacked by owls and the owner engaged me to revamp it?

Please go to these links:

http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.my/2016/04/ajil-bh-revamp-operation-will-start.html

http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.my/2016/04/ajil-revamped-bh-new-beginning-with.html

It was relaunched on April 17th 2016.  About 6 months and 16 days ago.

The owner took this video clip and wanted me to comment.



Her only word was how come it is so slow.

I told her that she should be grateful and not feeling demoralized.

She confirmed later that there were 8 nests so far but there were lot of bird shit markings on the floor.

I assured her that her BH is getting better since the day I rehabilitate it.

She should recalled how bad was her BH.

I reminded her about how bad was the BH especially these few things:

1) The main entrance hole was not facing to the birds flying home direction.  It was facing the opposite direction.  I opened a new LMB (Lubang Masuk Burung) hole and now it is facing the bird's flying home direction.  This changed in direction might be the most important reason among many other things.

(Used to be facing the opposite direction)
(I opened a new entrance hole)

(It was installed with a hexagonal tweeter and a wooden frame before finishing with cement)



2) The BH was facing owl attack problems.  They came in very regularly and catching a few birds every time they stop by.  The white urine seems to have reached the nesting rooms of the BH.  This was stop after the installation of an owl trap.  Two were captured.






3) Her birdhouse (her dad owned it but he died when he met with a hit and run case) is without a roof.  The hot sun was literally cooked the top floor.  The temperature on the top most floor was unbearable.  I told her that she need to install a roof to prevent direct sunlight hitting the roof of the 3rd floor.  She however declined to do so, due to high cost, so I told her to cocoon the top floor by closing the top most floor.  The top most floor became the roof, sort of.  The 3 stories now become 2 floors.

4) The monkey house areas was way too big.  If I am not mistaken it was about 25 feet by 15 feet.  What I did was to reduce its size into half i.e. 12.25 feet by 15 feet.  Now the birds will be given lessen space to play in the monkey house but they will need to fly down to the middle floor to play.


5)  The birdhouse was opened with no room at all.  I created a number of VIP rooms on each floor.  These VIP rooms seems to be the favorite location where those wild birds are currently occupying.

6)  Her BH smell seems to be a bit too low of the ammonia (bird shit fermentation smell).  I managed to provide her with the formula on how to prepare my home made floor aroma and she need to spray them on a regular basis.  She diligently carried out the instruction.

7)  The BH sound system were not tip top during my 1st visit.  I told her that I will upgrade during the revamp operations.  I knocked out all the old tweeters and amplifiers and installed with new one and a lot more as compared to prior to it.

8) One very glaring thing that you see now is the response by those swiftlet.  I deployed a 2 external sound concept and those birds become frenzy every morning and evening.  The 2 sound system is doing exceptionally well for her BH.

9) Well I am a very strong believer of using fake nests.  In her BH I personally installed about 300 fake nests.  Prior to the installation I removed all those 90* wood corner covers facing the flying in path and cleaned any dirt before installing the fake nests.  They works perfectly now.

10) Well the last thing which I asked her to do is to regularly go to her church or temple to pray for the BH.  Get the one whom she believed to help is getting those birds to return to her BH.   She was advised to donate to the poor on a regular basis.  I believed that when you do good things you will be awarded some good back.

God bless her and her BH.

Please call this number if you wanted any help to activate your slow moving or dead BH.

My contact number is 017 7551318


No comments: