Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Styrofoam Nests: I Will Be Installing Lots Of Them This Weekend!!!


I will be going back to Sungai Patani this weekend. Have an important work to do at my birdhouse. At the same time attending Father's-In-Law Birthday.

One of my main objective is to install as many styrofoam fake nests as possible in my Birdhouse this weekend.

My idea is to place the stryrofoam strips at one corner of the ground floor and the balance at the upper floor.

Last few weeks have been collecting these styrofoam used for my nasi lemak meals and cut them into small strip of 5 inch by 1 inch. I have at least 50 of them to be installed.

Bought a heavy duty staple plus bullets, the bigger size, so that I can easily fix them on the wooden roofing.

Hopefully by my next trip, the young birds will be able to use them as their place to built their nests.

For your information young birds who have little experiences in building any nest before find that these fake nests allows them to get the confident in building their first nests. There were many sifus who recommended, especially Pak Hen Mulia, in using this cheap and easily available materials.

At the same time I wud like the house to be fully occupied. Currently most of my tenants prefer to nest at the lowest floor at the back of the room. This might be due to ideal temperature and humidity.

They tend to cluster together and do not want to built on the higher floor or other corner/parts of the ground floor.

I need to lure these young birds to start their nests at these inhibited areas.

There is nothing wrong to try and will monitor it's result.

No comments: