Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Try To Adorpt "I Want To Share Attitude and Don't Bad Mouth About Other People".

Some of my positive attitudes towards swiftlet farming blog writing are:

1) Share as much knowledge as possible
2) Don't Bad Mouth or talk bad about other people.


Item No 1.

I believed in sharing of knowledge is one of the key method to teach others about our failures, findings and opinions.

If you read all my articles in my swiftletfarming.blogspot.com you will realized that I transfer some information directly or indirectly. I did it with passion in knowledge transfer while at the same time not to make my blog reader feel bored.

It needed some skill but once you write a few times you will get that special feeling.

For this forum, I invite all those who have read, heard or self tried to write how you come across the use of duck egg to lure these wild birds into your BH. Try to be as precise as you can.

Remember the more you contribute the more you will get the knowledge that you are currently pursuing.

Item 2.

One of the thing that I always remind myself is not to bad mouth other people.

Reason being if you bad mouth about others you are actually making yourself unpopular. People judge a person by their sincerity and not from the impression written by someone you do not know.

I was once attacked by someone by the name of skynest before and right now the same is happening at Low Yat.

It is a very sad stage of being a blog writer and the only thing is to take it as a challenge in your life.

I never claimed to be a Consultant. I always introduce myself as a Swiftlets Enthusiast. I give advise but not consultation. Consultation is a profession where you charge a sizable sum of money for a service but adviser is more like giving free service with the hope being paid after works being done.

Whenever I receive a call asking for advice, I will stop whatever I do, like driving my car, and answer all the questions as professional as possible. Sometime it takes me more then 45 minutes listening and answering those questions. If the person on the other side of the phone like what I gave then I have done my part. I never charge those free advices. (Not yet for now but who knows one day I will).

Similarly those free one hour talks at GAHP Seminars. If you observe me at these Seminars, I normally will be the first few to arrive. I will stay around for the whole day attending to any questions that I come a crossed. Giving an hour long talk and mind you I am not being paid a cent for every hour that I hang around just to be there.

If I have declared myself as a "Consultant" I will charge the Organizer at least Rm 100 per head. Why should I be hanging around the Seminar wasting my precious time when I can at home with my pretty wife? You think I do not have any better things to do?

Well well well today I must have woke up at the wrong side of my bed. Or may be not enough sex? Who knows?

Frankly I feel pretty upset when I received various calls and email messages telling me that there is a smearing campaign about "Harry the Con Man" at Low Yat Forum.

I was just wondering what causes the person to initiate the bad mouth campaign. Have I not contributed something to all those people who are hungry for knowledge in this special line? If he is so good and he is so constructive why don't he starts his own blog and let us share what he knows?

Well no one is perfect and I think he is one of them and of course I am too.

Have a good week to all my blog readers. Don't feel bad about him or me. We have lot more better things to do with our life.

To those who do have some complains, hope not much, please write to me directly. My email address is at harryswiftlet@yahoo.com and my mobile number is open 24 hours a day, 7days a week and 52 weeks a year. Use this number 017 755 1318. Unless I am in the toilet or sleeping or away overseas I will answer all my calls. Promise ....

13 comments:

K L said...

I thought the beauty about blog is that " I write what I want or love as long as I don't intrude or disturb other people's life ".

It is sad to see what our society has become.

Harry ! Don't care lah! Keep up with your good work !

Anonymous said...

Hi Harry,

Though I have not met you in person before, I felt your sincere through your blog, your email and phone conversation with you. It is tough to please everybody. Be yourself and keep up the great job.
Thank you.

Regards,
Kenneth

Anonymous said...

Brother Harry,

You are giving a lot of free and valuable services to the swiftlet farming industry. Nothing wrong with the positive attitude that always want to progress. Excellent work !

Christopher.Loke said...

Harry,

Cheers up man, as long as you know what you are doing is for good. Don't pay any attention to those smearing.
Keep up with your passion and the good works.

Best Wishes

Christopher Loke

Ben Gan said...

You can please some people all the time. You can please all the people some time. But you can't please all the people all the time no matter how hard you try. This is life.
When you tried to impart knowledge, people thought that you tried to show off.I had similar experience once upon a time when I tried to teach people how to invest in the stock market.
Thus I know how you felt when some callous stupid asses talked things without responsibility. My advice to you is to ignore these chaps and go on with your good work.
May all good intentions may justly rewarded eventually!
Best Wishes.

Unknown said...

Harry,
dun care others bad mouth...do whatever u think is right.

Keep up ur good work...

Tirok said...

Cheer up Harry,

Only 1 person tsm198092 is badmouthing you just because you are a bit slow in announcing that Pak Hen is not coming to KL for the advanced seminar. I saw Pak Hen's reply to Zabri in KPW quite sometime ago and I was also wondering why you still put up the advertisement that Pak Hen is coming to KL. You don't have to worry as most of the members in Low Yat support you. Keep up your good work my friend.

Dave said...

Harry,congratulation to u.Being bad mouthed at by someone who has no business dealing with u means he is very jealous of u as he admits u are definitely much better than him in many ways.
Probably,with ur frankness and sincerity in parting and sharing your knowledge in this specific field,u have unwittingly helped prevent many readers of this blog from being cheated and vitimised by those so called self-proclaimed CON-sultants and that may include the one/ones who bad mouthed u.
Well,Harry,these guys don't really know who u were or are and they think u r of the same feathers like them.
We old friends know who u really are.So,don't get bothered by the kids.Continue the good work,at least,for all the old friends sake.
My BP gets lower each time I read ur blog.

So,congratulation once again,good to know that people still get jealous at u these days.
If I were u,I would take up the challenge and try find out more info and knowledge and reveal them here and get more jealousy.

Dave 11.07.08

Anonymous said...

Hey harry,
Been reading your blog and sometimes i wonder how you're able to share so much with people... honestly, even I am a bit "protective" with my knowledge, you however, splurge everything out to everyone! There are very little people who are at your level.. You are truely a nice person...I sincerely wish that you succeed in this whole business.

Keep up being the person that you are. Dont be offended by these useless chaps. There are no where near your level. Not even close. Thank you for your all of your advice. I pray that you succeed. You have helped me and my family earn a decent income (for free!).

Many blessings and love to you.

West Wing said...

I am West Wing from LY Forum and I think you are good and carry out the good works. They are many of good Swiftlets advisers and all are doing good services.

Sometime, we get alot of good compliments but then again, no one is perfect and you don't receive any comments, you are lying and only fool will believe that you are so good to do no wrong. I always tell them to give constructive comments but never criticize. All the writers want to is to give his opinions and comments on the topic; add your view and comments hopefully will be accepted by the writer.

Anonymous said...

Mr Harry,
Support for Mr Harry upper sharing the experience and ur good work. The consultant not all of them, not the person that very understood. None could overcome the breeder's experience. Keep a good work.
Cia yo.

OOIhsl said...

Dear Datok Hary,
I came to know your blog when reading the recent edition of Agiculture Magazine. Since than i've read contents of your blog and found it to be very interesting and really appreciates the unselfish nature of you. On behalf of all swiftlet farming society (If I may) I would like to thank u for the good work done. THANK U !

Let me tell u my story. I engaged a so call consultant for my 1st BH years ago. Spend a lot on audio system, consultant & renovation fee, after 1 year it nested with 0 nest. At the beginning I even purchase 1/2 kg of real birdnests after consulted him & nail on planks to act as artificial nests (I thought at that time, since fake nests can, real one should be even better). I was told not to enter BH for few months. Eventually, when I finaly entered, most of those realnests eaten up by crockroaches & dropped. Asked why no nests & not even trace of nest foundation, "Oh... b'cos of your BH infested by those creatures, they have eaten up all nest foundations" many other problems and story went on long which can't be tell here in short !

So out of frustration , I decided to do my own observation, & DIY techniques, reading books and consulted friends around. I still can't forget those days when I spend almost everyday from 3.30pm to 8.00 pm, changing CD, staring at the entrance hole, hide somewhere inside & even up down between floors & rooftop, just to monitor their flying pattern & behavior. Learned just a bit, but one thing for certain, I excercised & moisqitoes bites !

Now, i Owned 9 BH, some of them JV.


B'cos of the previous own experiences, I have shared knowledge & advised friends to build BH basing on what i've learned FOC, nothing is secret to me, some sucessfull, some fair. Thats why we have to keep on learning & sharing.

I think sharing is always better in life. So, keep it up ! Ignore those negative feedback.

Thanks for allowing me to be in your duckegg group forum
too.

Hope to share evenmore with u all later on.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Harry,
I am new in this field. I read your blog. There are so much to learn from your blog that is not found in the books.Keep writing. In this world, even you do the best, people still bad mouth you. Even Lord Buddha also has got his enemy. Keep up with your good work.
from, gh,KT.