Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How Much Money Wasted Due To Failed BH in Our Country !!!


Just wanted to record something that might be of interest to all my beloved blog readers.

During dinner last night, with the Cambodians and Mr.D, we discussed about the rate of failure in Malaysia and Cambodia in swiftlet farming .

In Cambodia there are only about 50 BHs, according to Nal. More then 80% are not successful.

In Malaysia, there is a report from sme Penang that the number of failed BH is above 70%.

Let us choose 70% as our selected figure.

There are more then 50,000 BHs in Malaysia so let us use 50,000.

So the number of failed BH is 70% of 50,000 that is 35,000 BHs.

If one BH, an average of Rm200,000, we have a total of 35,000X200,000 = 7 billion riggit of BHs (in value) that are not doing well.

Can you imagine how much it effect those BH owners.

The lucky part, I think, is that most of BHs in Malaysia belongs to those who have more then one BH. These people are not that effected much because even they are 10 failed units, they do have at least one that is doing very well.

But what about those that are not that well off?

Well that is why I created swiftlet farming blog. We need to help these people plus those who are new in this business.

What I hope is that my blog gives all who visited it a chance to learn and get all the knowledge that can minimise those risks.

We need to give the right information so that less people make those unnecessary mistakes.

Well as I say I am always available to share what I know.

I might not be that good as compare to those King Players but I am always ready to lend my head to solve your problems (swiftlet farming problems only please).

"But Harry everyday even if you help one person there are 10 others who jump into the field without any knowledge."

Well we do our best for we cannot cure the world by our self.

So Nal, please take up this challenge and do the same for your people in Cambodia.

"Yes Sifu, I will do my best but at the moment I need to learn a lot more from you in Malaysia. As far as I know you are the best Sifu that I ever come across. You are so helpful and have a very very good heart."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Harry

I am interested to know more about swiflet, however, I am really concern on the failure factor. I have gone through your blog and I notice that some of the BH is wrongly design, poor maintenance & surrounding factor. Any other reason so that we can mitigate?

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

My answer to your question is that before you go into any business try to get the right knowledge to fully understand that its a risk. Any investment is a risk. However if you gather the right knowledge you will be able to avoid mistakes. If can avoid mistakes you will have a higher chances to be successful.

Most failed BH owners are due to them. They leave everything to their so call consultant and do not bother to learn any thing before releasing their money to the so called consultant.

If needs be try to attend my September seminar.

Thank you