Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Right Sound Volume Must Be Observed !!!

So you have purchased the "Black Cloud" and happy that you now have found a new external sound for your BH.

You now believed all those swiftlets in your area will start flocking to you BH roof top?

I think you might be right but .........

Well let me tell you this real scenario which I observed with my own eyes.

When I was in Besut, I met Mr.J and before we entered his BH to show to the two Cambodian Trainees, we learn something very important.

"Harry, the sound volume is very important if you want to pull those birds over to your roof top. Too low will not attract them. However if you blast too loud you will scared them plus irritate your neighbors."

"Let me show you what I meant. The sound I am using now is Black Cloud. My volume in the morning is set at low. Around 2. Just observe when I increase to around 4."

Mr.J asked me to glue my eyes to the entrance hole while he entered his BH to adjust the sound volume.

I keep my eyes at his BH entrance whole and carefully analyse what will happen. Within a few seconds the whole scenario change. The moment he increased the sound volume to 4, the number of birds circling abour his rooftop increased with very little effort. Some will swoop in while some will start packing the tweeters.

After a brief minutes he turn the sound back to its normal volume not to disturb his neighbor. According to him he will only push the sound to level 4 in the evening when the birds are returning home to roost.

The best level according to him, if you used 1-10 as the range, is about 4 or 5.

Once you push the sound level to above 8, they will scare away the birds. Of course you will very soon receive lots of complains from your nearby neighbors.

Main reasons being the sound emitted by those tweeters might be cracking especially if you use cheap tweeters. The cracking sound scare those birds away.

May be if your BH is located far away from any residential areas you might want to push higher but you must always be careful not exceed the right volume.

Choose the right volume and one thing for sure is that the setting will vary from one sound tract to another.

All sound that you purchased or exchanged have different setting and very rare that they are of the same in the sense of wave amplitude and volume setting.

So be sure that your BH external sound volume is proper .......

No comments: