Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2009

Kuantan New Stand Alone BH !!!



Three days and two nights I was on another field trip to Kuantan than to Kemaman, Trengganu and back to Kuantan Pahang.

I was invited by Tuan Hj Z to give some opinions on his plan to turn his office into a BH.

Before reaching Kemaman I made a short stop to view a new BH located in Kuantan.





This stand alone unit belongs to Mr.L who during the weekend attended my monthly talk.

A very impressive BH with more then 50 birdshit spots within less then 3 months.

I was asked to provide my comments and recommendations after the short visit.

What impressed me were the way the tweeters were arranged. The sound contractor uses a twin tweeter arrangements.

He will start with two tweeters from the end of the wall and placed two at every joints in the middle.







The final result was fantastic. The birdshit on the floors show exactly how the tweeters were installed. Twin birdshits spots on the floor below the twin tweeters.






I fully recommend this kind of installation. If both the tweeters are working you will get two set of birds side by side. In the event one of the tweeter failed to the work the other will be in operation. It is more like a back up plan.

The only sad thing was that the number installed were not enought. I commented about it.

The entrance hole was fairly simple but it works. Just an ordinary roof opening with a little pond. Immediately after that the entrance into the nesting room. A small pertition were constructed to block the light from entering.

After a 15 minutes inspection I recommended the following:

1) There was no external sound tweeters in the nesting rooms. The sound contractor only installed a few external sound tweeters along the staircase. I told the owner to perhaps place a few at the back.

2) He should introduce a VIP room at the back of the nesting room floors. Having some pertitionings at the far back can create a kind of preferred nesting areas. The partitions can be moved once the rooms are densely occupied.

3) I was not very happy with the coner covers installed. All were those wood types and they will create to many 130* shaped nests. They should look at using a thin metal plates type to minimise those angled nests.

4) Since the BH is a stand alone in a remote area, I push the idea of using Hexagonal Tower tweeters. I told the owner that currently the sound is pretty loud at the back but at the front part there was little sound. With Hex tower the sound can be blasted at 360*.



5) The amplifier used was generic. I remembered trying one before and due to its design features the sound need to be properly mixed. One with the internal and the other must be the external. If you purchase any new sound, with two same sound on the left and right side, it will be not suitable to use any longer. This unique shape amplifier cannot read any other storage format except memory card. Should consider to upgrade to a conventional amplifier.

6) There were some fake nests on the nesting plank but too little. I told the owner to increase the number to at least 200 pieces if he can find the time.

7) The owner wanted to build one more unit about 20 meters away from the 1st BH. I told him not to. It is better to locate his second unit about 10-20 kilometers away. Try not to put all eggs in one basket, I told him.

While in Kemaman, took sometime to advise Hj Z in his office conversion.

Hj Z is a Bonzai collector. He told me that when he wanted to engage a sifu for Bonzai he go for the best. For swiftlet farming he keep saying that Pak Harry was the best. I refuse to accept his suggession.

On the way back to KL yesterday, I was invited to put a night in Kuantan, Pahang.

Met a fairly new BH enthusiast. Have dinner with some friends and we discussed about issues in swiftlet farming.

I was asked to wake up early to inspect a BH for sale.

The moment we opened the door there were more then 20 birds in the BH.

I told the buyer to close his eyes and buy it.

My decision was very simple. Nothing can go wrong if the 1st time you open the door there were more then 20 birds in the BH. Before I took the staircase I was amazed with the number of birds flying above a successful BH a few meters away.

After the inspection works went to another BH to test my best bird sounds. Tested the Tongkat Ali, the Shooting Stars, the Godsend and the Medley.

All did very well except the Godsend.

I need to mix the sound to fit this specific BH.

Even with all by body aching, I did a marvellous job to be with Mr L & Father, Hj Z & Son, Mr W & wife & friends. What I tried to do was to provide then the best advise so that they can minimise making mistakes.






Donation: I am sure you have learned something after reading this article. If you feel that the lesson learned deserved an encouragement you can contribute a some donation to this account: Yayasan Kebajikan Nah Sabah, 100930010038410 at Allied Bank, Malaysia.

No comments: