Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Another BH With Little Nests But Full House !!!



I was engaged by Mr.John of Bandar Botani Perak to look at his BH with only 10 nests after about 10 months.

The BH was on a two stories building shop house using the top entry type.

Initially he wanted to purchase those new sounds but after probing into his main problems I told him to get somebody to do a full check on the BH.

He called a couple of times asking me to drop bye to conduct the investigation and I happened to be free to drive down to Ipoh.

During the inspection I was very surprised with the number of bird shit spot on his BH floor.

What I did was to ask my assistant, a newbie from Kulim, Kedah, to count the number of spots and compare with the number of tweeters (some are clusters) on the ceiling.

"Pak Harry from my counting and comparing all the bird shit spots, they are below the tweeters.  The cluster tweeters has the most number of bird shit below them. Nearly all the tweeters have a tenant on it."

While he make his points clear, I was standing beside the BH owner.

"Mr John, did you hear what my assistant said?  All the bird shit spots were below those tweeters and nearly all those tweeters were taken up.  You have a full house unless you increase the number of tweeters in your VIP rooms."

That was my very first advise which I believed I managed to get into his head after a few short minutes inside the BH.

The BH was divided nicely with light blocking partitions and Mr John, with very little experiences in swiftlet farming created two separate rooms that are similar to my VVIP and VIP rooms concept.

Both rooms were well occupied only short coming was the number of tweeters on the nesting planks.

My next observation was his using of multiple brand tweeters.

Most of them are piezo but in between there were those horn and induction tweeters connected using the same cable.

He claimed that those horn and induction gives better precision but he did not due to the low resistivity nearly all those power supplied by the amplifier was all sucked at these gadget and nearly all the rest were not properly functioning.

My advise to him was to perhaps run those different tweeter using a separate cable.

One very strange observation that I wanted to make some notice were those fans he placed on the VVIP room (2 units) and VIP room (1 unit).

Where do you get the idea of using these fans?

"Every time I meet friends who operate BH I will try to gather as much information as possible and what ever I learned from them I will quickly install in my BH."

He might be right but what if those advise were not right?

Frankly the use of these fans do make the air move from the nesting room to the entrance area.  The air inside the BH was pretty cool and less stuffy.

I am not 100% sure if this is the right method but can these fan be the reason why the room was too dry that makes those birds refuse to build their nests?

No definite answers but I can assure you that the BH was with very little bird shit smell.

I will be working up a short visit report to him and I hope my observations and recommendation will help Mr John to push more birds to build their nest and perhaps get the population up.

Tonight was with one doctor friend together with the family friend to talk about his intention to proceed with his dream BH in Karak.

While having dinner another call from Bidor wanted my present tommorrow to finalize a shop house conversion into a BH.

A very busy man and I hope to continue helping these people with their requirements.

Please pray for me ....

No comments: