Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Main Objective Was To Look At The Best Piece Of Land For A Client !!!

I was in Vietnam for one special client who happened to be a Vietnamese who currently works with a Company in Kuala Lumpur.

His main interest was to locate any suitable land at a small port around Can Gio and if possible nearest to the only very successful BH there.

I was taken to view the BH about 200 meters away from a sizable salt water river. On the other side was those thick Mangrove trees.

"Pak Harry, what do you think of this place?"

Frankly I was not very impressed, initially, with the area.

I told my client to perhaps wait until late evening to see where those birds were flying, where there are coming and which precise path do they take to reach the only BH there to roost.

"You need to find the best piece of land that is located just below their flying path back home." I told him.

I was dead  sure they will come towards the BH after crossing from those river water. But which direction?

Something special about this particular spot chosen was that the other side of the river is a protected mangrove forest. It was mentioned that the protected area is huge and might be in a few thousand square meters.

Once the sun started to come down the birds started to return home and that was the time I select the best piece of land that my client should try to find the real owner.

Most of these birds seems to be approaching the house from the mangrove forest. They will cross the river and slowly moved towards the BH that uses a top entry type of entrance hole.

Some will approached from the river water ways and once they arrived at the pot they will make a 90* turned towards the BH.

It seems that there were a number of lands that they seem to fly above.

I prefer the land just beside the river and nearly 60-70% of those birds were flying over it.

The exact land was located and the flight direction was confirmed.

The only problem will be will the owner sell the land and what price?

If the selected piece of land is converted into a BH ranch I assured him that with a properly designed  BH  he will soon have a sizable number of nests within less than 3 months.

The current BH uses not that attractive external sounds and I am sure my collection will be able to attract those young birds to come across from their old home.


No comments: