Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2016

Pedas BH: Finally got the chance to enter this BH !!!



Remember this BH in Pedas which the owner wanted me to view and wanted a JV arrangements?

I finally got the chance to enter the BH yesterday August the 22nd 2016.

Nothing surprised and more or less similar to other BHs that were not populated.

The only thing which I was fascinated about was the way the nests, about 10-12 only, were made.

About 10 of them inside those fake nests made of plastic and only 2 directly on the nesting planks.

This makes me think of the followings:

1) The swiftlet specie found around this area are the lazy type and love to use fake nests to erect their nest.  The use of fake nests will allow a young couple to complete their nests within a week or two while directly on the nesting planks will take at least 3-4 weeks.

2) With this special weakness the owner should have detected much earlier and install as many fake nests as possible.  I am sure there are more that were unfortunate and could not find the fake nests at their preferred location.

Other then this special thing I have the following to say:

1) The main entrance hole was too big, about 4' long and 3' high. the amount of light entering the monkey house area was a bit too much.

2) The entrance hole was not properly finished and the tweeters around them were not well installed.  These tweeters are crucial to bring more birds into the BH.

3) There was not hexagonal tweeter installed on the monkey house roof.  To me a BH with no hexagonal tweeter will have a lesser chance to be successful.

4) The top most floor was way too bright.  When a nesting room is too bright those swiftlet will be reluctant to get married and erect their nests.

5) The biggest error were where those LAL holes were erected.  Simply at the far end of the floor which from my experiences they will have very little chance to see any nest on the ground floor.

6) There was not VIP room on all the three floors.

7) The number of internal sound tweeters were about 20 per floor.  It should have 240 pieces per floor.

8) The amplifiers used were too low powered.

9) The external sound only one.  It will be more exciting when more external sounds are played.

10) The BH seems to be very dry and the water piping need so kind of upgrades.

11) If I were the owner I will install at least 600 fake nests per floor.  The chance of trapping every couple that entered the BH is great.  The swiftlet specie around this area are the lazy type and they love those fake nests.

12) Nearly all 90* corners were installed with corner covers.  I think they should be taken off and perhaps cleaned and installed with those triangular shaped fake nests.

13) The three floors should be water proof.  There is a good chance to attract more birds to be its tenant if the floor are kept wet.

14) Most of the nesting planks are covered with those spores/dust.  I think a cleaning operation will do a lot of good.

I have put the above ideas to the owner and hope she will read it and get back to me for the best way to move forward.

Call me if you own a BH and is not well populated.  My number is 0177551318

You will be very facinated with what I can see as compared to any other so called consultant which you call them to inspect your BH.











No comments: