Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Politically Speaking: He need to push the local council to enforce the use of Soundless Birdcall System !!!

From NST: http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Monday/National/2188658/Article/index_html


Date: March 17th, 2008



KUALA TERENGGANU:

Toh Chin Yaw has hit the ground running in his second term as state assemblyman for Bandar.

Less than 24 hours after retaining his seat, he was at work settling outstanding complaints from his constituents at the Malaysian Chinese Association headquarters.

Cleaning up the unregulated rearing of swiftlets and providing land to the Chinese and Indians to build places of worship are two of his priorities at the start of his new term.

First, he plans to come down hard on the local authorities for not coming out with proper guidelines on where and how swiftlets can be reared for the lucrative bird's nest industry.

"They have been promising me standard guidelines for the industry since I became state assemblyman for Bandar in 2004, and till now I have seen nothing.

"The people in my constituency are fed up with the growing number of swiftlet hotels, and at the moment, I can't do anything about them except bring their grouses to the local authorities," said the state MCA deputy president yesterday.

"Entrepreneurs here convert shophouses into swiftlet hotels without submitting building plans to the authorities.

"This has been going on for years. More shocking is that the local authorities don't take any action."

"It looks bad on me because people think I'm not doing my job. I will pressure the authorities. If they can't do something, I will need to think of other ways to solve this problem."

The swiftlet hotels have been a bone of contention for more than a decade. Residents have been complaining about the noise and droppings for years.

1 comment:

seeseng said...

Before election said one thing. After elected say another thing... all he know is follow master's order.