Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Swiftlet Farming At A Cross Road !!!

There have been a few incidents these days that make you feel a kind of chill in your stomach.

For myself everytime the phone rings I pray hard that the person on the other side of the phone line is not someone from the local authority waiting to tell me that he have served a summon on my BH.

Today at 1.30pm channel one, it seem that there was a new coverage about complains about swiftlet farming in Kuala Trengganu. People around the building are complaining that they are scared of this and that.

In Seremban, nearly all BH owners are being summon to shut down their swiftlet farming operations in town areas and move out of town. I was approach on the matter and I am very sure I told the caller to organise a meeting and collect rm50 each to pay for the cost of makan and drink say at a hotel meeting room.

A few days back, received an SMS asking for advise on what to do when he receive a massive $25,000 summon from a local council in the state of Trengganu.

In another town in Trangganu the local council issued summon to all BH owners to stop their operations and move to agri land.

Penang island and Melaka town have recently make an announcement on Haritage status of many buildings where BH are operating. I was told that about 200 BHs were affected.

This evening received a call from one of my blog reader saying that Chinese Chamber of Commerce will be arranging to meet all BH owners to seek a concensus on what they wanted to ask the Government to assit in their activities.

I was also made to understand that a Government Department will conduct a special meeting to discuss on those guidelines to be given to all Jabatan Perumahan.

Well what I wish to remind to those new comers in the swiftlet industry, please be aware of the situation and before you decide to buy any building for BH conversion, try to be very careful not to step on the wrong foot. Perhap you should consider at buying Agri Land for the purpose.

I know for sure that Tanjung Malim KP of the local council is very supportive on this swiftlet venture. Again it might be on agriland and not in the center of the town.

Just be careful and make sure you are aware of the potential of being ask to shut down.....

No comments: