Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Something That I Heard During The Meeting With The Minister !!!

While waiting for the Minister to turn up for the briefing I overheard Dr Fathilah saying that the Sarawak state wanted to adopt a similar guidelines prepared by Federal Government.
This is something that might be good for all Sarawak BH owners. The current method of shutting down those operational BHs are cruel.

I was going through the draft and I found something very exciting.

I remember voicing my concern over the way the Perhutanan Department in Sarawak remove those nests and tweeters during the second meeting on the Garis Panduan in KL. They never make any attempt to look after those baby birds. I suggested to JPBD that Jabatan Vetarina should come out with a proper procedures to handle those young birds in accordance to their "Protected Species Status".

This was included in article number vii under syarat syarat lain. This was the exact sentence used:

Pengosongan premis burung perlu dilaksana mengikut tatacara yang ditetapkan oleh Jabatan Perkhidmatan Haiwan Malaysian dan Jabatan Hidupan Liar Malaysia.

(Method to vacate any operational bird houses must follow the procedures provided by the Jabatan Haiwan and Jabatan hidupan Liar.)

I am so glad that at least what I put forward was accepted and included in the draft.

I understand Dato Beh and those BH owners associations Presidents met the Menteri after the meeting was over. I believed they wanted the Menteri to be convinced on the current issues.


This was what I was trying to say in one of previous article. The associations must come forward and do their part.

No comments: