Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Visit To A Processing Centre Part 2 !!!



"Harry let me take you to the factory floor to let you see what we are doing."

"We have increased our workstaff to about 35 people and now we can easily process about 3-5 kilos a day. Processing now is not a big problem but drying them up is. I need three days to dry the process nest to an acceptable dryness level."

"Beside drying we also need to do some touch up in order to ensure that each nest looks good and acceptable to our clients. We do not use any chemicals in any of our process operation. All we need is clean natural water and human touch."

I was impressed with his explanation and I walked towards the cleaning and later moved to the drying areas. He showed me the semi finished products and also those completed that are ready to go.

"Harry we use two types of nest processing. The "Dry Processing" and "Wet Processing". Both have their pros and cons. The wet is the easiest and not much skills are required however the amount of looses are greater. Using dry processing is our ultimate motive. Each worker need to have adequate skill to carry out the job. They take a bit longer time but the looses from nest being dissolved in the water are minimal."

I was very impressed with all his explanations and I am sure to be his regular visitor.

His drying method was very simple, using a number of exhaust fans with no heater bulb or heater apparatus.

"We don't use any heaters mainly because when we use heaters, the process nests tend to change color. "

After the tour I took off for my next meeting downstairs.


Today by 4.00pm received an SMS confirming that my consignment was completed and moved to drying areas. Total number of hours spend was 4. Need at least 3 days to get them out of the centre.

Well a moment ago the owner called and asked me to work out the possibility of persuading all BH owners to process their nests first before exporting. Main reasons given by him is current stringent rules by China on importation of raw nests into mainland China.

Those who are in need of my helps in getting their bird nests process kindly contact Harry at 017 755 1318.

No comments: