Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Every Hardware Shop Owner Is A Swiftlet BH Consultant !!!

A very interesting topic about Swiftlet Farming "Consultant".

I was trying to purchase a few meters of nesting planks in Kuantan, Pahang.

It seems that the item was not easily available and I was made to visit more than three hardware shops located along the Gambang-Kuantan road.

The first shop have little idea about what I wanted.  The owner nicely referred me to another shop about 1 kilometer away.

The next shop do have the planks, bundled nicely and covered with those canvas.  The workers were very helpful to let me take a good look at the planks.

They were those mixed colored type but I don't mind to buy them if the price was within range.

The boss of the shop was introduced to me and I ask him for the price.

"Oh you wanted to purchase those sirip for BH construction?  Actually they are not for sale.  Those stock are for my own BH which I plan to build soon."

The best was his next offer.

"You know I can build one for you and can guarantee to bring in those birds within 3 months."

I asked him, you mean you know how to build these BH?  How many BHs you have build?

"We are new in this line but we know how to build those BHs."

I smile and turned down his offer.

The next shop was about 500 meters away from this stop.

I managed to meet the owner.  Initially he was reluctant to sell his valuable wood but after my persuasion he showed me his stock.

"How many meters are you looking at?  You know I am good at constructing BHs.  I know how to bring those birds inside within one month."

Well it seems that these hardware shop owners are turning them selves into Swiftlet Farming Consultants.

I ended with purchasing some wood from this shop but I keep thinking about how many "Consultants" there are in Kuantan. 

Yes every hardware shop owner is a swiftlet farming consultant.

The irony of it all is that I don't even dare to be name a "Consultant" but they seems to be with the title conferred by no body else but those newbies.

Ai ya ya... inada..thambi make sure you really know and have enough experiences before you dare your self to be called a "Consultant".

No comments: