Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Do You Think It Is A Waste Of Time Attending A Swiftlet Farming Seminar?


This morning I wanted to touch about this subject matter about attending Seminars.

Not any kind of Seminar but Swiftlet Farming Seminars.

I met a first timer during one of those Seminars I organized.  The first thing he uttered to me was about his experiences with his ex-Sifu.

"Pak Harry I used to get along well with my ex-Sifu and he always discourage me from attending your Seminars or any other Seminars.  He said that it is a shear waste of time.  But now after going against him and attended your Seminar I am grateful that I did not follow his advise. I think he wanted me to be under his full control so that I will be always dependent on him. Now I really know how much he knows about swiftlet farming."

This comment is something you should think carefully.

Whenever your Sifu is dead against your idea of attending any Seminar you better think twice.

He has his motives and what he wanted you to be is to be with as little knowledge as possible.  By doing so you will be under his spell all the time. I am not surprised if he has been reading my blog and keep telling you about how much he knows about swiftlet farming.

When you share you own knowledge a bit, he then will says "Oh you have been reading Pak Harry's blog?"

Nowadays there are many seminars and courses available in the market.  Some are extremely good, some are fairly good but some are just selling their Consultancy Services or their BH products.

The best method to choose is to ask a few who have attended all these courses and select the best among them.

Attending Seminars on a regular basis is a must, if I may say, because it will refresh your mind on the various ways to increase your nests population.

There will be always some new methods or gadgets or aromas or insect generators that will help you with your BH.

Those that allows you to enter a BH as one of their Seminar activity will be a excellent choice.

If asked, how many times a year I should attend these Seminars?  My answer is at least once a year.  Best will be twice or three times.

How can you get the best value of your Seminar fee money?

Well if I were you I will list all those pertinent questions that you have in your mind about your BH.  Once done try to get all of them answered before you return home after attending the Seminar.

Plan to corner the speaker and get him to provide the answers.

In this way every sen you paid to attend the Seminar is worth it.

Be smart and if you are smart then you will able to be on your own.

No comments: