Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Kepala Batas BH: Suddenly Those Owls Came !!!


(Barn Owl a protected species)


My happiness after completing the revamp operation of the Kepala Batas BH was short lived.

On the very last night at the BH me and my workers detected a few unwelcome visitors.

They came at around 7:30 pm and from one direction.

Three of them came and landed on the BH roof.

My workers tried to shoo them away but they stayed away for a very short time and came back.

To me this is one of the very common predator when your BH is located in the middle of a padi field.

These owls were provided by the local farming authorities to rid those rats.

However when there is a easy meals for a pick they will venture to eat what ever they can find.

I told my workers not to be too alarm about their presence but we need to install some of those gadgets to deter them from entering inside the monkey house.

My idea is to install those electricity wired cables on areas where they will perch.

There are gadgets that can invert the ac current to dc current and once connected to these wires will be a good deterrent to these owls.

We shall try not to kill them but to scare them away.

Next job some where at Padang Serai, I plan to bring along the gadget to be put in place.

At the moment try not to worry too much.

No comments: