Search This Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Heat From The Opened Roof Area Is Torching This BH !!!

(The roof area that was neglected and not covered with any roof)


First it was those wild mud swallows/Martin and now I am looking at the heat from the opened roof section.

Main concern is the high temperature recorded on the top most floor of this Bandar Baru BH currently undergoing an upgrade.

The highest temperature recorded by a temperature logger is touching 33.5*C.

I need to cut it down to about 30*C.

The main culprit is the cement roof which was not covered with any kind of roof.

The top part of the ceiling about 22 feet by 12 feet is directly exposed to the hot sun.

Have not discussed with my workers about doing the proper covering but I am looking at the easiest and the cheapest method.

What I have in mind is to cover the exposed section with a layer of heat shield foil and covered with 1 cm thick plywood.

On the top of this plywood will either installed a grated roof or just a layer of zinc plate.

Once that is done I  hope to see the maximum temperature recorded will be around 30-31*C.

The water supply is working and I have already installed a mist pump system to wet the top and middle floor.

Lets pray that the BH will be cooler and wetter.

The first few days of sound tests seems to be very positive.

Thanks to the way I arranged to install various external sound tweeters at the monkey house roof and the main entrance window.





No comments: