Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Time To Start Removing Those Fake Nests !!!





Just received this picture from a BH owner whose BH is in Bukit Selambau Kedah.

I helped him to bring back those swiftlet back after being abandoned for almost a year.

What I asked him to do was to install as many fake nests as possible.  Once install spray them with SP pheromone.

He did just that and see now what is happening to those fake nests?

This special row with 10 fake nests are 90% tenanted.

The whole row being tenanted.

It is not surprising with the two (fake nests sprayed with SP) combination and the result is absolutely stunning.

If you look more carefully you should notice some of these beautiful ideas (all are mine) :

1) You asked the BH owner to remove all those corner covers.

So you dont see any corner covers however I asked the owner to insert a triangular fake nest at the base of the corner.

My main reason is to use these 90* corners as the birds traps.

They love 90* corners so I provide them with them.

Beside providing them with one, I will make them feel more comfortable to provide a bed (fake nest) to make them very happy to start making their nests.


2) One more very special idea that I have is how to install those internal sound tweeters.  Examine the picture above in more detail.  Zoom to those tweeters.

You will realized that they are installed very closed to the 90* corner joints.

About 2 inches away to the left and right of the 90* joints.

Again the reason is the same.

I want to bring those swiftlet closer to the 90* corners.

Once they are ready to mate they will start to search for the right location where to erect their first nest.  The best choice will be the 90* corners.

So I will precisely install all my internal sound tweeters closed to these corners.

3) What above installing those rectangular shape fake nest to the left or right of the internal sound tweeters?

In the beginning the first couple will occupy the 90* corner and when a new couple landed at the internal sound tweeter they will be drawn to the nearest fake nests either on the left or the right of the tweeter.

If you think that I am wrong please look at it again.

4) The nest very new gadget which I introduced to this BH owner are those plastic chains.

It is about 6 chains that is installed at those corners.

Main idea is to force those birds to move their nests onto the straight planks.

Do this after every harvest of those fake nests erected at those 90* corners.

He was stunned with what happened and keep telling me that it was a damp marvelous idea.

So now during his harvesting operation he will bring along a ready made plastic chains ready to fix.





If you need any advise with regards to your BH not doing well let me know.

You might want to attend my July 23rd 2016 seminar on swiftlet farming.

No comments: