Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Now With Dual Counting System!!!

About three weeks ago I called the birds monitoring system for some adjustments.

I also decided to have two counting time.

One will be in the morning and the other in the evening.

He complied to my request and now I can share with you the readings registered yesterday evening.

The morning reading looks like this:




The evening looks like this:




 I can now view both readings on a weekly basis.

The daily figures can show you how your BH is doing and the most interesting is to look at the increase in numbers.

I am also surprised to see the variation in numbers.

Good example are on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.

Their number shot up above 600 in numbers.

The Wednesday figure is closed to 700 in numbers.

These weekly figures can actually help me in gauging how the BH is doing and at the same time the effectiveness of any new sounds installed.

The numbers will tell me how is the day's activities.

The morning figures are more steady as compared to the evening numbers.

However during my close scrutiny of the birds entering and the triggering of the counter, I feel that the gadget do miss out a number of birds.

Those that fly at a very fast speed seems to be unaccounted (miss).

I need to ask the supplier but I think the time have come to clean the beam emitting and receiving surfaces.

I remember being advice what will happen if any of the beam are blocked by any dirt.

It will give less accurate readings if there are blocking the beams.

So I need to plan to get one of my workers to climb and clean the surface.

Well what more will keep me busy with works.

About 6 more BHs to be revamped and now this cleaning operation !!!

Call me at 017 7551318 or email me at harryswiftlet@yahoo.com if you need any information about the counter system.



No comments: