Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Kertih BH: Perfectly Located With High Potential !!!



On my way back from Kuala Trengganu a few weeks back I detoured my journey home just because a BH owner wanted me to view his BH.

This special BH is somewhere at Kampung Cabang, Kertih Trengganu.

When I first chat with the BH owner he was making a story that his BH was not a successful unit.

He wanted me to know that after 3 plus years his BH nests population stop at 200 nests.

Upon further questioning I discovered that his BH was running on Solar Energy System.

Running with solar energy and he can still achieved 200 nests.

This to me is something positive.

Usually any BH with solar energy will have a lot of limitations.

One thing for sure is the energy to operate all the required humidifiers is a bit on the low side.

You will have not enough power to pump water to the top most floor.

During rainy seasons you will have very little sunlight.

This will again affect the sound system, the most important in running a BH.

This is more or less a very challenging situation day in and day out you will be on your nerve if everything is running okay with your BH.

However when he expressed the nests numbers I was smiling and keep wanting to look what was so right about this BH.

He on the other hand wanted my professional view how to populate his BH.

A good trade in between him and me.

Well I arrived at his BH and he quickly took me into his low performance BH.

A very well designed BH with double walls and main entrance hole facing the north-east.

The nests distributions looks more on the lower floors and lesser on the top most floor.

It should have be better if not because of those bright lights.

The main culprit was the light from the main entrance hole.

The second was those light from the air ventilation holes.

The BH was with minimal partition thus the light can freely enter the nesting rooms.

I set down with him about what he can do and I think if he can follow all the recommended things he should be on a smooth ride.

I bet that within 8=10 months it will have 400 plus nests.

All he need to do is to strictly comply to my recommendations and try not to listen to too many "consultants".

There are so many so called consultants around you and each have their own unproven ideas.

So let us hope that he will do well and will keep me posted with his progress.














No comments: