Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2015

This Will Be My Best Story For This Year (2015)



This story will make you feel either very happy or very sad.

The very happy part is when you know that I have discovered a method to multiply the nests population by more then  700% within 1 year and 10 months.

You will feel very sad because it was not your BH that was revamped by Pak Harry.

Pity those whose BH was revamped during the same date and happened to read this story.

If you click on this article written by Pak Harry dated June 17th 2013 you will discover about the number of nests inside this BH (before my intervention) after 1.5 years into operation:

http://swiftletfarming.blogspot.com/2013/06/my-next-bh-convertionrevamp-job-will-be.html

This was what I wrote:

My mission was to carry out a detail inspection and once that was done I was required to submit my views and recommendations to reactivate it.

After meeting the owner in Kemaman I was taken for a 10 kilometers drive out of town.

This BH was a stand alone located on an agricultural land surrounded by Palm Oil plantation.

There were two units back to back but my mission was to tackle the old unit with about 60 nests after 1.5 years into operation.

The owner erected the BH based on his knowledge by reading some books and the internet.

"Pak Harry, no matter how much you learned from those books but with little practical experiences you will not be able to get the desired results.  That was why I called you since you have a much better hands on experiences."

His complains were as follows:

1) Every morning the sky will be thousands of swiftlet flying above and around the area.

2) After putting his DIY BH into operation in February 2012, the number of nests he managed to obtained was 60.

3) The number of birds entering was 188 (last count about a few days ago).


The number of nests was 60 while the number of birds was 188 (last count).

Today I happened to pass this BH and stop for a short view from the outside.

After deciding to drive home I met the BH caretaker on my way out.

He insisted that I drive back to the BH since he was holding the door keys and wanted to show me something.

" No Pak Ngah (uncle in Malay) I just happened to pass bye and wanted to drive home"

"No you must turn back and enter the BH because I wanted to show you something." he keep pressing me to turn back.

Something?  Hmmm I wonder what can this be.

I told myself that I got nothing to loose and I turned back my car towards the BH.

He fetched the BH main door keys and opened the door for me.

"Please enter Pak Harry" he insisted.

Deep inside my heart I was wondering why he seems to be very nice with me to open the door and showed his hand forcing me to enter.

I went in quietly and entered the ground floor.

The area nearest to the data room door was very quite and the floor shows very little bird shit markings.

When I approached the VIP room at the back I was truly shocked.

"Oh my god there are so many birds in here Pak Ngah"  I whispered him.

"You should go upstairs because there much more up there.  Quick go upstairs"  he keep pushing me to climb the staircase.

I went up and it was unbelievable to see more birds up on the ceiling and there were very little birds outside.

Oh my god I could not believed that my revamp operation was so successful and this BH which was with 60 odd nests now have so many birds inside.

I quickly told him that I have seen enough and let us get out of the house.

At the door he proudly told me that the total nests number now is more that 500 nests.

"What? Please repeat that number again?" I asked him so that I can remember the number.

"More than 500 Pak Harry" he answered with high tone voice and it was very loud and clear.

Oh my god what have I done?

I have turned an easy going BH into a monster.

From 60 nests to 500++ nest is closed to 733 %. (500-60/60=440/60=7.33)

Ouch I think I am  dreaming.

This is wonderful and I think I have discovered the right solution.

Please help me to tell me that it is true and real.

A wonderful achievement and I think I will classify this achievement as one of the best story for 2015.

Yes I have a proven method on how to reactivate a BH which is slow in it nest population.

To get 700% increment is a record.

Please let me turn around your BH. 

Call me at +6017 7551318

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Uncle.

500-60=440 nest

440/60*100=733.33%

I think this should be a correct way to calculate the percentage increase. :)

Pak Harry The Swiftlet Anthusiast !!! said...

You are right and I have changed. I never thought that you are so observant.