Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Good Assessment Of A Well Designed BH !!!





"Pak Harry I have a new BH and after into operation about 8 months I found that most of the nests are located on the top floor.  Very little on the middle floor and nearly zero on the ground floor.  What do you this is wrong with my BH."

A very simple question that explained a BH situation.

You can easily pin point what is wrong with this person BH.

Try to guess what can be wrong?

Yes the number one thing that can be wrong is the location of the LAL (the opening on the floor to allow birds to fly down to the second and third floor).

Both LAL openings were not properly located.

The person who designed or erect your BH do no have enough knowledge about the important of having these LAL at the right location.

He is not ready to be a consultant or your Sifu.

I have always compare these wild birds as your toddler who will find every excuse not to carry out what you expected from them.

They need to be guided and lead to where you want them to stay.  Placing the LAL at the wrong location is your biggest mistakes.

They will not find it and will not go down to the lower floor.

A good BH is when a BH owner tells you something like this:

"Pak Harry, after one year my BH now has about 150 nests.  Nearly 60 percent of those nests are located on the ground floor about 20-30 percent on the middle floor and the rest about 10-20 percent are on the top most floor.  What do you think about the performance of my BH?"

The moment you hear this type of description you should smile at him and say these words:

Let me put my describe a bit  about your BH:

1) Your BH is doing well and above average.  The number of nests inside after only one year into operation at 150 nests is a very high number.  I feel that you are a lucky person since the location of your BH is at a right location with lots of birds passing by.  Your BH might be below their flying path.

2) One very interesting point that I wanted to tell you without visiting your BH is about the proper location of your LAL.  The two holes must be in a straight line.  The moment those birds entered your monkey house they can fly direct to the lowest floor.  They are not in a ziz zang position like many other BHs I have visited.

3) I think one of your entrance hole is facing the East.  You might have more than one entrance hole but the hole facing the east allows the morning sun to shine downwards thus allows those birds staying at the lowest floor to find their way out easily.

4) Along the staircase connecting the three floors you have installed proper number of external sound tweeters to pull your visitors down to the lowest floor.

The moment you finished this little explaination his answer will be something like this:

"Pak Harry how the hell do you know so much when you have never visited my BH?  You are right every point you described were correct."

These kind of prediction is nothing new to me and I wish those of you who read my blog please try to digest the points mentioned above.

If you wanted to be a successful swiftlet farmer try to know more above the location of the land, the location of your LAL, the direction of the entrance hole and so forth.

The only way to get your BH successful is to do the right thing from the beginning.

Trust me on this and I can assure you that you will have a very high chances to be a successful BH owner.

If you need more advise please call 017 7551318.

I am here to help the industry and I for one never claimed to be a Sifu or a Consultant.

I am still not experience enough use the title even with the so many articles I have been writing.

Maybe one day I will ........

No comments: