Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

An Interesting Story From A BH Owner !!!


This morning after sending my wife to work I went to meet someone who wanted to get three good external sounds from my collection.

He claimed to have attended my Seminar and recently operated a BH in his hometown located some where in Johor.

"Pak Harry I am so glad that you continued writing and all your writing motivate people like me to be on the alert on what to do with our BHs." his remark.

After passing the thumb drive with three external and one internal sounds we sat for a cup of coffee at Coffee Bean, Bangsar Village.

"Pak Harry I invested in a BH together with a few partners and one of them is my family members.  What actually happened was that my brother insisted in using a 'Consultant' who according to him operates many BHs and one of the many has lots of nests inside.  He refused to listen to other people's opinions and wanted his only elected Consultant to be our reference.  Since I was his younger brother I followed his idea but inside my heart I know it will be a big mistake" he started his story telling.

So what went wrong with your BH?  I asked him.

"Well after more than 6 months nothing happened and not a single nest inside. Most of these birds that entered stayed on the top floor with no nests and very little came downstairs. As usual you can guess where the LAL was at.  It was wrongly located and the worst thing was that he never followed my sketches especially where the LALs should be.  He followed his so called 'consultant and open the LAL far back in the middle of the BH." he really sounded very disappointed.

I told him that it is hard to be a younger brother because more often than not the elder brother will also think that he knows more than you, the younger one.

"I also told him that the internal sound was not proper since there were no baby sound at all.  He was using maybe an external sound with no a trace of baby sound in it.  Do you know what happened? The bird shits were all over the floor and not building any spot like shape." he complained.

"After reading your blog and attended your Seminar I feel more comfortable and knowledgeable but he refuse to listen to me. However now after failing to get any nest inside he slowly begins to listen to me." he retorted.

I told him a story that happened not long ago when I came to know a person who now reside in Kota Tinggi, Johor.  His name was Mr T.

The story was something like this:

I met one blog reader in Setiawan and we were talking about the most successful BH at Kampong Koh, Setiawan.  What happened was that the current owner by the name of Capt A a retired Police Officer, can easily harvest notjing less than 100 kg a month. The four stories BH consisting of four shop houses linked together was full to the brim. However when he was asked to build a number of BHs nearby his BH he failed to populate them.

So I begin to ponder why is it so. If his BH is the most successful unit in the whole town with 100 kg a month output how come he cannot populate other BHs that he erected or revamped?

The answer was given to me by this Mr T in Kota Tinggi, Johor.

I went hunting for him for some advise and after getting to know him  I came to know that the Kampung Koh the most successful  BH was originally his and his partner Capt A.  That particular BH was designed and build by him and not Capt A.

Due to some unforeseen circumstances he sold his share to Capt A and moved to Kota Tinggi leaving Capt A with 100 percent share.

So you can now understand the simple reason why Capt A is not able to populate other BHs.  It was Mr T who designed it and not Capt A.

Coming back to this Mr J of Johor issue I told him why his brother's Sifu might be somebody similar to Capt A. I might be wrong.

You what?

Every time we asked them to explain something they will shut you up by telling you that he got so many BHs that are successful and don't ask any question.

So there goes another interesting story that might teach you something.

Remember not all "consultant" are bad but you need to understand that many are.

So my sincere advise is to do what is the best thing for all your hard earned money.

Be on your own and learn as much as you can from someone whom you can trust.

Someone who is willing to share his knowledge and experiences, might be a good person to qualify as your adviser.

Have a good day.....

No comments: