Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Some Good News From The Philippine !!!

Are there any Swiftlet in the Philippine?

The answer is yes and I have these video clips to prove that there are. They might be other birds but they do response to my Duress sound.

Read this interesting email from a friend who tried using my "Duress" sound near a cave:

"Dear sir Harry,

Good day to you sir! How are you?

Its been a long time since we last emailed. Even though, I have always been following you through your posts, which serve as an inspiration and encouragement to me to continue my research locally.

I just had the break I need last week, holy week, from my busy daily routine helping out in my parents business and was able to go to another trip to look at caves and its surrounding areas. The sound Duress which i bought from you a year or so before was used again and I am happy to say that there were some birds that responded (about 100+). That area was notorious for improper harvesting of the nests and thus the locals and thieves are killing of the local swiftlet population.

While testing the sound, Its my first time to see responses in groups and it was interesting to hear the birds playing and making clicks and noises. They were flying very fast and I had difficulty getting a good visual of the birds to see its physical characteristics like its famous white/gray rump "belt" which the locals call it. I really wanted to get a perfect visual of the bird to increase my knowledge. They fly so fast that all i can see is the brownish shine of its plumage.

Forgive me for asking sir, I need to know if the duress only attracts 100% edible-nest Swiftlet?
Also are there any other sound that I can obtain to do further tests?

I appreciate your continued postings on your blog sir. One of these days I really hope to meet you, probably in one of your seminars.

Hope to hear from you sir. I know you are very busy, and again, I thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best Regards,
P "

He attached a number of video clips for me to look at:


No comments: