Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Productivity Seminar At Johore Baharu !!!


The recent Productivity Seminar held on March 18th 2015 at Selesa Hotel JB went pretty well.

The only complain I have was the time given to cover more than 5 topics.

I was not able to finish the last two topics due to short of time.

The number of participants attended was about 40-50 people.

They love the talk given and I can see that most of the participants stayed till the last talk.

The number of questions asked were many and useful.

Managed to answer nearly all except a question from a lady about how come there are nests which she bought recently has this layer of chocolate colored strip?

I could not provide the best answer but tried to explain to her on what really caused those raw nests to change colors.

Usually all newly erected nests are white or I called it as ivory white.

Once they are exposed to the nesting room environment they will be oxidized and turn color to more like very light yellow.

However if your BH is heavily contaminated with high concentration of ammonia gas (usually it comes from those shit fermentation) and room high humidity there are high chance that the nests will turn yellow and slowly become red.

There are many red colored nests found in those BHs that are very old and the bird shit not removed.

The red colored nests are not due to the saliva color but more toward being contaminated with a kind of bacteria or microbes that consume the ammonia gas and water.

Once they excrete the byproduct are those red colored materials that are found on those red nests (This finding and opinion is my own and it might not be right).

My advice to all BH owners if they want to harvest cleaned nests from their BH try to clean the BH floor on a more frequent basis and at the same time do not allow those nests to be left for too long in your BH.

How I wish I can talk longer and get all those prepared papers finished.

Well you cannot do all but even a bit I think I have accomplished my mission to activate all these BH owners to be motivated and look after their BH.

There were many who abandoned their BHs.

This is not good for the Industry.

Have a look at some pictures taken:






No comments: