Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Swiftletpedia: Something That Was Said About Swiftlet Farming Blog !!!



Last night I was busy responding to this person's whatsapp messages.

What I was very attracted to was his introduction message:

"Hi Pak Harry,
I am K. Came across your blog.  Its like swiftletpedia. Kudos.

I have a birdhouse which is 20'X70' x 2 floors (top of a two stories shoplot).

My shop is in  Trengganu. Can say most is jungle, plam oil estate.Behind 5 km  is a major river.

BH has been for 5 yrs.  Revamped by 3 consultants.  Only 2 years seem progress. But growth seems to halt at 350 nests.

For Temp , RH is fine at 29*C & 90%.

Around my shop got about 10 BHs.  Which many are disappointing.  But one is successful (5kg + per harvest).  This BH is just 5 shop lot away.

Just notice previously that my ext sound was spoiled.  So have it change to 5000 hp horn.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards.
K"

What is interesting was his word that my blog to him is like a dictionary on swiftlet farming (swiftletpedia).

If that is so I am glad to be a part of the industry.

As to his problem with his BH I sense that his BH is currently facing what I termed as the dry BH syndrome.

He mentioned that his BH humidity is about 90%RH but maybe he should wet his BH more often.

My other recommendations were on the external and internal sounds.

Maybe the time have come to change the two sounds or perhaps increase their numbers.

I suggested to him to list all the things that can be done to bring all his young birds back once they take their first flight out of his BH.

I think he did not know what they are but I hope once he finished reading my blog he might find some.

Maybe one day he might want to meet me in person so that I can tell him more what to put on his list.

I will be in Kuala Trengganu and I hope he will find some time to see me there.


No comments: