Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Swiftlet Garden Unit 93: Started Revamp Operation !!!

Birds flying path.


After grueling hours of preparation and travelling up and down I finally got my workers to start work on the first unit that was assigned to be revamped.

The owner choose the worst unit to test my expertise.

I have no problem with that and I think he have the right to do what he wanted to do with his farm houses.

Well the first thing I did was to make a round with my workers and take a lot of measurements.

After getting the current layout I came out with the following ideas on how to ensure that more birds will enter this BH and at the same time fly downwards.

The nests numbers were low but I can safely guarantee that once my revamp job is done a 100 nests will not a big problem within 10-12 months.  Maybe much earlier.

I came out my plan game:

1) Decided to move the main door connecting the top entry opened roof area and the roving room to a new location.  The new door will ensure that every bird that enter this BH will be forced to fly above the LAL hole (staircase for this BH).

2)  The new door will be taller and a bit smaller as compared to the old door.

3) The new door will be lined with proper wood lining so that it will be easier to install all those tweeters (external and internal sounds).

4) I have decided to erect an L shape partition wall to block every visitor to fly above the LAL.

5) The old box just before the connecting door (old door) will be converted into an insect breeding area.

6) The old connecting door will be totally shut and two 6"diameter elbows will be inserted on the top part.

7) To enter the top floor every birds need to pass the LAL opening and enter a door erected at a 90* corner wall joint.

8) Once entered they will have a special sizable roving area.

9) There will be two VIP rooms on this floor.


Let me show you what I have in mind.






No comments: