Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

How I got Hooked on Swiftlet Farming !!!

I am very pleased with what happenned the day I met my wife's classmate.

I am married to a Chinese girl from a small town called Sungai Patani (SP), Kedah.

I set my eyes on her when she was sweet 16 and I was then 17 years old.

We met during a picnic trip to a Beach in Kuala Muda. She was so cute that I will never forget the moment I sat my eyes on her.

Well coming back to this Birdnest matter, I was asked by her to accompany for a lunch gathering at a Seafood Restoran in SP, about four years ago. My wife was about 50 years old then. The food, that day, was good and three of her classmates were there with their spouse.

Sitting beside me was a tall guy named Mr D and I asked him what is he up to? His answer: Birdnest Farming !!

Wow, what a weired type of job, I said inside my heart. What the hell is this guy trying to say? As far as I know birdnest are just twigs, or grass or clay full of shits. This guy must be mad or Kuku or Kurang siuman.

That was really the beginning. I was very curious on his nature of business.

He was very persistent and keep talking about how good is his business. He do nearly nothing but every month harvest these "white Gold" and sell at a profit.

By late afternoon I was invited to take a free tour in SP and allowed me to entered two of his birdhouses. He got more then 10 units in SPatani alone.

It was unbelievable. It shocked me to know that there are more then 600 birdhouses in SP.

From that day I got so facinated and arranged to purchase an old and worned down shoplot at about RM 120,000. He arranged for the loan and of course he took the trouble to renovate the lot at a very attractive price ie RM 30,000 for two stories high.

The shoplot situated along the old road just after Sungai Patani town toward Bedong. This unit belong to an Indian owner who bought it at RM150,000 but never managed to rent to any body. The unit was in bad shape and all windows were broken and glasses taken away. Actually it was ab abandoned shoplot. Been there for almost 10 years.

He was ready to sell it at a lost and we managed to squeeze the price to RM 120,000.

Minor problems was the connection of the electricity and water. There was not electricity and water meters. All were stolen.

After settling the outstanding bills and re register got all back to operational condition.

The unit roof was not leaking and the toilets were functioning.

My SIFU started the job after paying him RM10,000 as deposit and the rest was paid on milestone basis.

The birdhouse was ready within less then 3 weeks.

The electricity and water was reconnected and we started the operation by switching the sound system.

Till today I cannot forget the experiences both how I met my wife and this birdhouse guy.

The good thing that happened was that I have just started a new life with an investment that have the potential of A Million Ringgit returns every year.

How about you? Any chance of joining the Millionaire's club????

If U are keen just drop a line to : harryswiftlet@yahoo.com

No comments: