He was a kind heart man who wanted to give back his success to his beloved family.
All he wanted in his life is to get his BH produce about 3-5 kg a month and all will be used to finance his family (mute brothers, father and mother).
However after almost 4 years there were only 19 nests.
The number of nests never grew for almost 2 years.
He did tried flying in a "Kial" (a witch master) from Indonesia to eradicate what ever evil spirit inside. The Kial came in and stayed for a few days. Prayed inside and left some talisman items inside.
Nothing happened and finally he took those talisman item and sent it back to the Kial.
"Nothing happened Pak Kial. So please take these talisman back" he told me what he did.
He never gave up.
He also followed closely a good friend who owned a BH.
His trick was to follow what this guy did in his BH. His condition was, as long as he applied and works he will copy the method.
He knows that this method will take a very long time and he finally spoke to his friend about getting the right "consultant" to inspect his BH.
The same friend after meeting me a couple of time suggested that he should use my inspection services.
That was how I met him for the time time.
He disguise as a Pheromone buyer.
I sat down with him for a few minutes and told him that there is no guarantee that the Pheromone can help him unless his BH have a lot of visitors who come in every evening.
After digesting my suggestion he told me that he opt to get be to his BH. He agreed with me that if there is no birds inside the Pheromone will not work.
He need to firstly draw those birds to his roof top and suck them in.
"How to do that Pak?" he asked.
By using those tweeters and proper sounds. I told him.
The trip to his BH took me about 5 hours. I am not sure if it was worth the effort.
My desire was to inspect what were wrong with his BH.
I have the following to compile:
1) His BH is considered to be well located between two to three towns (Macang, Pasir Merah and Kuala Krai) where there were a lot of BHs.
2) The only sad thing was that the number of birds that flew above his BH was only about 200-300 birds every day. A bit too little however if we can attract them down to his BH he might stand some small chance.
3) The main entrance hole was a bid odd in its installation. His so called consultant have very little knowledge about swiftlet preference and least about the morning sun. The entrance hole was not directly facing the flying back path and was towards the north.
4) The main entrance hole design is not very friendly to the potential tenants. The make shift entrance hole is just a small hut erected on the roof with no proper swiftlet sense. Worth was the roof that was covered to extensively until you cannot find the hole if you are coming from the sides or the back.
5) There was no hexagonal tweeter above the main entrance hole structure however there was a no more functioning long range bazooka. The owner claimed that it was him who installed and not the consultant. This tells me something about the so called self made consultant. He has no idea what he was trying to do.
6) Well when you enter the BH you will observed a number of weird things inside. The BH was square in shape about 40' X 40' and with no walls or proper partitioning.
7) It seems that all the ventilation pipes were made of those white colored PVC pipes. The owner finally decided to paint them black.
8) The BH was wrongly wired using a kind of cheap wires that turned into dust after a few short months. The owner have to redo the wiring himself.
9) There were about 75 internal sound tweeters and I told him that what he need is at least double of the current quanity
10) The way the tweeters were arranged were not seductive enough. They were installed with very little objective to trap those wild birds.
11) One very disappointing observation were the way those nesting planks were installed. No cross woods and not in the right running direction. I pointed to the owner whey they were not proper.
12) The only partition erected was a very short wall (one straight wall about 10' )facing the LAL and the current entrance hole. The light that entered the room was not taken seriously.
13) I pointed to him nearly 80% of all his current nests were located very closed to those internal sound tweeters.
14) The number of external sound tweeters inside the nesting room were 4, Not adequate. I told him.
15) Every point of contact between the planks and the wall was covered with wood corners. I explained why I feel that they should be removed.
16) I dont see any special gadget to trap these so call potential tenants. Yes not a single fake nest.
17) There were a number of abandoned markings. I explained to the owner on how important it is to force those new couples to adopt the BH by using my NKS ideas.
Well there are many more things to describe but please enjoy looking at these photos: