Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Inspection of A Very Sick BH at Jeram Kuala Selangor !!!!


Today December 8th 2015 I pull myself to drive about 45 minutes from Kuala Lumpur to Jeram Kuala Selangor.

I was with a small fever but managed to pull up there to view a BH that was with no birds inside.

After conducting my inspection I came out with these observations:

1)  Sad to know that the owner was not very knowledgeable about how to properly manage his BH.  He was using external sound as his internal sound.

2)  He recently move from using his monkey house to using an opening on the rooftop.  Something which I think was not appropriate.

3)  He seems to use more then one brand or type of external sound tweeters.  I told him to perhaps opt to AG 35 tweeters.

4) One very reason why his BH was with very little visitor was due to a lack of external sound tweeters to pull those birds into the BH.

5) I recommended the use of the monkey house back and shut the top entry system.

6) What he need to do is to open a new entrance hole facing the bird's flying home direction and not the opposite.

7) Since the flying home direction is not towards the East I advised him to perhaps open a small window to catch the morning sun.

8)  The walls that were erected were not precisely positioned.  I told him to force all visitors that entered his BH to fly above the LAL.  Right now they are not due to improper walls locations.

9)  His BH nesting planks looks covered with dust or maybe fungus.  I recommended a cleaning operation.

10) He also need to remove all his internal sound tweeters and precisely located.  Current placement are not precised and wrongly orientated.

11) He need to install some kind of bait to lure those birds.  What I asked him to do was to install as many fake nests as possible.

From what I saw and his confirmation of hundreds of birds passing above his BH, I think this BH can be easily activated.

However he need to follow precisely to my recommendations.




No comments: