Another community project involving 33 farmers that put so much hope in securing a regular income dashed away.
No one know what to do and the task was given to the farmer's association to tackle.
This BH was erected about 4-5 years ago nearly the same as the unit at Bandar Baru Kedah.
I am not surprised if the same contractor was awarded the job.
Some said that it was given based on political connection and not swiftlet knowledgeable contractor.
The final result seems to be the same as the Bandar Baru BH. After 4-5 years no nest.
Some one mentioned that there were three but all the three couples left the place in a hurry.
What I discovered seems to pin point the lack of knowledge about swiftlet.
1) The main entrance hole was facing the palm oil trees and not the flying home path of those swiftlet. This must be due to tying not to face the tweeters to the office area due to noise pollution.
2) There was not a single external sound tweeter on the roof of the monkey house. No hexagonal tweeter or power tweeter or bazooka to lure those wild birds to the BH.
3) The flying in path from the lmb to the nesting rooms was not correct. The contractor simply erect something that meets his specification but not those swiftlet.
4) With the current lmb position the LAL position was not correct. If you need to get your tenant to stay downstairs you need to guide them there and not let them do what ever they like to stay.
5) The BH room temperature looks okay but there were water leaking all over the floor.
6) The contractor did not installed any external sound tweeter inside the BH nesting room/ They stop at LMB area only.
7} The internal sound tweeters were little and at the same time were facing all over the place.
8) The nesting planks looks being covered by white dust more or less fungus/
9) The planks were arranged well with lesser gaps.
10) Only two out of four amplifiers were working.
11) There was no gadget to auto start the power supply if strike by lighting.
12) I am not sure what internal and external sounds were used inside since there was no eletricity supply during my visit.
Take a look at what I say above and make your own judgement.
I will be putting a report to the rightful owner and see if they accept my recommendations.