Thursday, June 9, 2016
Kluang BH: The Nests Numbers Jumped Upward After My Followup Visit !!!
One of the many BH that have my special attention is this one in Kluang Johor.
Main reason being the owner of the BH constantly allow me to have the nests count figures.
Every month on the 1st week the owner will conduct his nest count and once finalized I will receive a snap shop of his report.
I put them into a chart and will do some analysis for him to know how good or bad his BH is doing.
If the number of nests keep increasing his BH will be in a good shape however .......
If the nest increment suddenly stop or moving backward, he need to arrest it.
This is one very good method to monitor how well your BH is doing.
Keep the record as per the number of nests per room will be the best.
What I discovered are the followings:
1) Every time I drop by to check the BH the nests number will immediately jump upwards.
2) If I stop coming for inspection in about 3 months the nest number will somewhat stop growing.
This tells me that the owner is not following what was asked.
He ignored the instructions provided.
He did not inspect the BH in total or he seems to have very little idea what to check or what to do.
What I did were the followings:
1) Check if the sound systems are running as per the setting. Those timers must be right on time.
2) The floor must be wet. This would meant that the mist pump and the chicken coop humidifiers must be properly set. They must wet the floor and blew those mist when the humidity are below 87%RH.
3) Once the wetness and humidity machines are checked I will start climbing the aluminum ladder to spray the Super Pheromone. Every fake nests must be sprayed with the SP at least twice.
4) I will usually changed the external sound after the 3rd or 4th month. This is the only way to get those birds to be excited. Once they got them self excited they will start to enter the BH. Something like becoming frenzy.
5) The last thing which I normally do is to spray those Mutiara Aroma. I will make sure that all the walls and floors sprayed. I will give extra attention to the entry areas and the VIP rooms. The aroma will not only provide the sweat aroma but also wet the BH.
If you owned a BH try to monitor the nests progress.
If you wish to see more nests every month try to follow the above steps.
Nothing is better by learning more about running your BH.
One good way is to attend my July 23rd 2016 Swiftlet Farming Seminar