Tuesday, June 7, 2016
Sagil BH: The Key To Trap More Birds From Its Neighbor !!!
The Sagil BH nest count was carried out just before we finish the revamp operation.
The total number of nests was about 145 pieces.
The owner mentioned that when he took over the BH (she purchased it from a 3rd party) the number of nests then was about 60.
That was almost 4 years ago. Mathematically the number of nests increase for the 4 years after she took over was 145-60= 85 nests.
I told her if she allow me to revamp it the nests number can easily be doubled within 8-10 months.
Her so called caretaker took 4 years to accumulate 85 nests while I was looking at 145 nests within 8-10 months.
From what I can see the number of nest might be more than 145.
This is mainly due to the next door's BH which looks like having quite a lot of birds flying in and out daily.
What will or can happen is the moving of those birds from the next door neighbor's across to this newly revamped BH.
The special things that will make them move are as follows:
1) The sound system. I have designed as such that two external sounds will be played most of the time. The best will be those sound using the bazooka and power tweeters. The next very big favor are those AG 35 tweeters at the LMB mouth. Prior to my intervention there was not a single tweeter at the lmb mouth.
2) The neighbor's BH is dead. There was no sound coming from the BH. It seems that the power supply was totally removed by a 3 rd party. It might be the TNB personnel.
3) If the owner is not bothered about the electricity supply, I am pretty sure he also is not bothered about the BH internal features. The BH must be very dry, lots of cockroaches, very bright and all these will easily make those birds to feel very uneasy. The moment there is a better choice they will abandon the house.
4) The revamped unit now have adequate number of rooms that are darker and preferred by these birds. They love to stay in a very dark room and far away from the LMB hole.
5) I have removed all old tweeters and installed with new one. The number of tweeters are almost triple as compared to the old arrangements (wrong arrangements). All these tweeters were precisely installed to trap those wild birds.
6) I have installed a lot of fake nests to lure those young couples who are new and never erect a nest before. These fake nests were sprayed with SP to make them more attractive. I have found that the birds specie found in Sagil are those that love to erect their nests on fake nests.
7) One very interesting creation were those 90* corners. The old method was to cover each and every 90* corners. I removed almost half and exposed the corners to those young couples. Beside opening the corner covers I cleaned them one by one before installing a triangular shape fake nest.
8) This BH was sprayed with Mutiara Aroma (MA) nearly every evening. Just before we closed the BH door in the evening I make sure that they are sprayed with a few liters of MA. The smell became so attractive and every bird that passed the LMB hole will enter the house.
9) This BH was well equip with a set of mist spray (25 nozzles) plus 4 sets of chicken coop humidifiers. Two on each floor and both were attached to a Hygrostat that were set at 90%RH value. The moment the humidity dropped to 87%RH the humidifier will be activated and once it reaches 93%RH it will automatically stopped. The BH floor will be wet all the time.
10) One Owl trap was installed inside the monkey house wall. Beside this gadget an 8 inch tall spikes plate was installed at the LMB mouth.
11) A number of external sound tweeters were installed inside the VIP rooms to ensure all birds that entered the LMB hole will traveled to extreme end of each floor.
13) All ventilation holes extension pipes were lengthen to darken the VVIP rooms. Now if you enter the back room there will be very little light polluting the nesting rooms.
14) A new hole facing the east was opened allowing the morning light to shine into the monkey house. This morning light will be beneficial to those birds to fly out in the morning.
15) There will be a very strong chance that more birds will populate the ground floor. Main reason is the installation of a number of external sound tweeters around the LAL hole. When ever any bird wanted to enter the nesting room they will be drawn to fly downward to the lower floor.
All the above if you design for your BH will help to increase the number of birds flying in and probably will be your tenant.
What I can say is that these arrangement will guarantee that those couples staying just beside this BH will move in sooner or later.
Those young birds will be the first target but the old birds will soon move in too.
If you need any advise about your BH please call this number +6017 7551318
You might want to attend my soon be organized Seminar on July 23rd 2016.
Call me as soon as you read this article.