I took about 8.5 days to complete the revamp operation of this BH located about 15 minutes drive from Ulu Tiram town center.
The owner saw what I did and right now he is more motivated to look after his BH.
All this while he left the fate of his BH in the hands of those so called consultants.
Among the three consultants he engaged before me the third was the biggest culprit.
He changed the BH entrance hole and causes nearly all the 50 nests to become empty.
The BH was not properly managed, the planks were under severe attack by termites, the main entrance hole was no longer facing the flight home direction and many more.
But I need to say that the interest showed by the owner was not there.
He should realized that the money came from his hard earn effort and he should be more responsible to ensure that his BH is proper.
There were a number of things that were carried out during the 8,5 days and these are some of them:
1) The main entrance hole was relocated to the monkey house wall that is facing the swiftlet flying home direction. Previous entrance hole was facing the North and not directly towards the swiftlet flying home path.
2) The new entrance hole now is elongated from top to bottom and not size way. The dimension used was 2.5' wide by 3' high.
3) The old entrance hole was semi covered. The half closed action is to allow the current tenants (2 nests) to return home from the window which they are familiar with.
4) The BH hexagonal tweeter was replaced with a new unit made of AG 35 tweeters. The new set was precisely located and about 2.5' high above the monkey house roof surfaces.
5) A long range Bazooka SL 1000 was install on the roof facing a water pond where those birds hunt for food in the evening.
6) A set of 6 power tweeters were lined on the monkey house roof. These tweeters allows the BH to operate with two set of external sounds.
7) The monkey house room was reduced by about 1/4. A wall was erected to reduce its size.
8) All nesting planks were checked for termite attacks and those that were seriously attacked were replaced with new nesting planks.
9) The BH nesting planks were added with two rows of cross woods. The two lines uses about 250 feet of additional planks. The cross woods reduce the box sizes, increase the nesting areas and more important is the creation of 90* corners.
10) All internal sound tweeters were replaced with new set and this time the number was up to about 180 pieces. Their locations are now precised and attractive to lure those new tenants.
11) A number of walls were erected and old one were removed and reinstalled with new doors.
12) One of the brick wall was hacked to create a passage door about 3'X7' wide.
13) The BH now is equipped with a number of external sound tweeters inside the nesting rooms. I called them chocolate tweeters.
14) The BH now have one VVIP room, two VIP rooms and one roving room. The place which I think will be heavily populated will be the VVIP room.
15) A new set of tweeters were installed at the main entrance hole. Now it hold 8 new tweeters.
16) The BH now has two owl prevention gadgets. One those spikes at the entrance hole area and an owl trap installed on the monkey house wall (inside).
17) This BH now will run using two external sounds and one internal sound. The two external sounds will be carefully chosen and the internal sound inside the VVIP room will be louder as compared to those in the VIP rooms.
18) I personally installed about 300 fake nests at those strategic locations. These will be those new tenants preferred locations.
This BH if it runs without any disturbances should be with a high number of bird shit spots on it floors.
Let us wait for about 3-6 months to know the exact situation.
Best of luck to the owner.