Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Ajil BH: Block Those Lights From Ventilation Holes !!!
The reasons why those contractors uses the white types are as follows:
1) Their knowledge about swiftlet farming is almost zero or must have been guided by a wrong "sifu". These sifus should be eliminated across the boards so that they will not do more harm to swiftlet BHs.
2) The contractor simply follow the design given to him. He disregards about the effect of those white pipes to your BH. This kind of contractors should not be allowed to erect any BH. Ask them to stay out of the industry and built only human houses or shop houses.
3) The next culprit is the BH owner themselves. They have little clue on the effect of those bright light coming from those holes during the daylight hours.
All in all the three above are lack of knowledge on why we need to make sure our BH is totally dark inside.
The simple rule of the thumb is to stand about 2 feet apart and you cannot see each other.
Any BH which you entered and you can see the back walls are not suitable for those birds.
What will happened if your BH is too bright?
1) You will have a very tough time to populate your BH.
2) Those birds that entered and stays will forever stays without mating. Once they refuse to mate you will not have any nest.
3) You will also see those bird shit spots on the floors where they died since your tenants keep moving from one spot to the next spot for a very long time. Eventually if they cannot find the right spot they will move to another BH nearby.
The Ajil BH faced the same problem.
Not only those white colored pipes, the "sifu" install yellow bulbs that switched on every night till morning.
An wrongdoing that tells me that the so called "sifu" have little knowledge about what those swiftlet likes and dislikes.
In the case of Ajil BH, I eliminated all those bulbs and at the same time painted the white colored pipe black.
Have a look at all these pictures.
On the top of painting the pipes I also painted the VIP rooms black.