Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Ajil Revamped BH: A New Beginning With Better Prospect !!!



The new entrance hole might be the key to this 9 years old BH.

I took almost 10 days to revamp this old BH with about 6 nests (2 might be with no tenant).

What I did was nothing really great but I know once everything were put in place those birds will start to enjoy entering and perhaps stay as new tenants.

My bold decision was not only to relocate the main entrance hole but also to shut the third floor in total.

Only the middle and the ground floor were put into operation.

The third floor was not conducive to be put into operation.

The ceiling above it was too hot.

I mentioned to the BH owner that if he activate this floor those poor birds will die of heat stroke or perhaps boil to death.

What I did was to erect a kind of walls to keep those birds away from this floor and the only place to call home will be the middle and the ground floor.

The second most important thing that this BH needed was a new main entrance hole that can attract more birds into monkey house enclosure.

After observing the bird's flight path in the evening I insisted that a new hole need to be opened at a properly selected location.

It must be wide enough to make those birds feel attracted to enter the mouth and the moment they entered they will be drawn to fly down the LAL hole.

Well this special arrangement was successfully done by reducing the size of the monkey house roving areas.

I cut the roving area by half.

The easiest way in will be to to lower floors.

I told the owner about how dry was her BH.

Just imagine 8-9 years without any water sprayed inside the house.

To me this BH was too dry and badly in need of some kind of water dozing on its floors.

I installed a mist pump system with 25 nozzles.

The only shortcoming was the water source.

There was no water flowing in except from the rain.

I took some time to convince the owner to install a suitable pump to push water to the rooftop tank.

She left everything to me to get the job done.

Bought a new pump and at the same time instructed my workers to carry out the installation.

The moment the tank on the rooftop was filled the mist pump started to operate.

I allows the mist pump to run almost 20 minutes to wet the BH floors.

A wonderful feeling to see the two floors wet and the air inside humid.

The best was to erect a number of walls on the 3 floors and I created about 3 VIP rooms.

These 3 rooms will be their favourite.

I managed to install about 300 fake nests made of styrofoam.

An interesting scope of works and very taxing too.

The BH was put into operation on April 17th 2016 and hopefully it will draw a couple of new tenants within the next few weeks.

I hope to pay a visit withing the next 3 months.

Told the owner to shut the BH door for 3 months.





























No comments: