Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Jerantut BH: These Will Be The List Of Works Before Relaunching !!!
After 2.5 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur to Jerantut, Pahang I was glad to arrive at the BH site safely.
I was received by the BH caretaker and waited from about 20 minutes for the person who wanted me to view this BH.
I was told that the BH was completed in 2012 but after a few years into operation it was abandoned.
Mainly due to lack of idea on how to prevent attacks from owl, monkeys and the blown away roof.
There was no budget allocation too.
During my short inspection I came to the conclusion that this BH is a high potential BH.
Its location is perfect and the surrounding is simply a breathtaking.
If the owner allows me to revamp I think it will be populated within less then 6 months about 100-150 nests.
This is mainly due to its location especially above a hill facing a wide opened spaced cultivated with grasses.
However the BH need some specialize revamp works.
1) The rooftop need to be cleared from those wooden trusts and roofing materials. Perhaps it can be applied with some leak proof paint and covered with heat insulation materials.
2) The main entrance area if I can I wanted to change from top entry to monkey house type of entrance. The best is to erect a few brick walls and cover the top with a simple roof materials.
3) The main entrance hole direction will be dependent on the birds flying home path. At this junction it will be towards the East. This is mainly due to a BH that was very closed to this BH. It is located on the west side of this building.
4) The roving area and the turning area need to be precisely constructed. I need to cover all those windows that were opened on those connecting doors but will open a suitable door where those birds should enter the nesting room.
5) To populate the ground floor an opening is required at the turning room. The opening should be as big as the rood size.
6) The nesting room on the top floor will have at least two VIP rooms while the lower floor will be with at least one.
7) Nesting planks need some kind of additional woods to be installed. The 4'x4' boxes should be reduced to 2'X4' size. Every box need an additional cross nesting plank wood to increase the nesting areas plus 90* corners.
8) There will be some work to be done to cover the current LAL hole that was wrongly located and too big for a BH. Once converted I need to install a number of new nesting planks on the ground floor.
9) One very crucial operation that I think should be carried out it to water proof the top floor. Once this is done the chances of water leaking to the ground floor will be minimized and I can wet the floor.
10) The water pumping system need some kind of upgrade. According to the caretaker the water pressure seems to be a bit low and a booster pump is required.
11) All those old tweeters need to be replaced and installed with special tweeters of my choice. Might try a new tweeter that is supplied with special noise reduction.
12) All those old amplifiers need to be upgraded and replaced.
13) The best sound will be selected to replace those old sounds. I plan to install at least two external sounds and one internal sound.
Looking forward to start the revamp operation.