Friday, September 30, 2016
Taman Anggerik BH: This 5 Years Old BH Need 2 Entrance Holes !!!
The owner of this Taman Anggerik BH (somewhere in Kuala Kangsar Perak) shut off the whole sound system and wanted to stop operating his BH.
While on his business trip to Ayir Tawar Perak he met a friend who run the same type of business of selling kapchai motobikes.
The two discussed about BHs and this was where my name was mentioned.
Upon getting my contact number he called and asked me to meet up with him.
He was lucky since I was on my way up to his hometown revamping the Kubang Pekan BH.
We met and he took me to view his BH.
He confessed that after more then 3 different consultants and operated for more then 5 years nothing happened.
There were about 3 small bats staying inside.
Upon inspection I discovered one simple reason why his BH was not populated.
It was something to do with the positioning of the door or perhaps the walls were not erected properly.
The BH entrance area configuration force those birds to turn very sharp corners.
The rest were the same as nearly all BHs.
All the floors were wide opened without any VIP rooms, tweeters were not many, wrongly placed tweeters and so forth.
After agreeing with him to take his chellage to revamp the BH I came out with this idea of opening two entrance holes.
A new one at the back of the BH and the current entrance to be installed with a monkey house enclosure.
This new way of attracting birds at the back and the front will be a more drastic method as compared to just operating one entrance hole.
The back entrance hole will be designed to populate the top floor while the front will be for the middle and the ground floor.
At this juncture I have about 30% more to go.
The monkey house construction was outsourced to a local contractor.
My boys did the followings:
1) Removed the old wall that was blocking the birds flying in path in total.
2) Opened a new entrance hole on the back part of the building facing the hills.
3) The top floor will be designed to attract birds from the back window and not the front. A few walls were erected to block the bright light and created 2 VIP rooms.
4) The internal sound tweeters will now be increased and faces the flying in path of those birds coming from the new entrance hole.
5) A set of external sound tweeters will be installed to lure those birds to enter from the back and pull to the end of the VIP rooms.
6) The ventilation holes that were using those white colored pipes need to be upgraded. The light emitted have to be controlled.
7) My boys opened a hole to pull those birds to fly to the middle floor. This new hole (LAL) is about 6 feet wide by 7 feet long. The edges being smoother and covered with planks.
8) The middle floor now will have some new rooms to make those wild birds welcome.
9) All internal and external sound tweeters will be arrange to lure those birds when they flying in via the LAL hole.
10) There will be two set of external sound system. One for the main entrance hole and the other for the new entrance hole.
11) Since the BH is located very closed to residential houses. I will be installing a sound system that will be designed to operate only during the peak hours and not the whole day.
12) The two entrance hole areas will be installed with old trap.
13) There will be two external sounds to be used. The two sounds will be selected based on how effective they are when tested.
14) The BH planks will be applied with Super Pheromone liquid and and its floor sprayed with Mutiara aroma.
15) To maintained the humidity a set of mist pump will be installed plus two sets of chicken coop humidifiers.
16) The external sound at the main entrance holes will be regulated using a timer, specially made for this kind of environment.
This BH should be ready by this coming weekend.
Let us pray and hole that there will be some nests.
The owner seems to be smiling everytime he visited the newly designed BH.
If you have similar problem with your BH please call me at 017 7551318