Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Taman Anggerik BH: Taking Shape and About To Be Ready !!!
This is what I called Transformation.
This BH was with zero nests after 5-6 years into operation.
The root cause was this weird method of entrance hole and the arrangement of doors to get those birds into the nesting rooms.
The flying path to the lower floors are also net very bird's friendly.
After 1 week of hard work the BH looks better and more friendly.
I came out with the idea of:
1) Having two entrance holes for those birds to enter the top floor and the lower floors. The one at the back, a totally new entrance hole, will be for the top floor while the front entrance hole, which I have asked it to be with a monkey house, will cater the birds entering to the lower floors. A new hole on the floor (LAL) was opened and now when those birds enter the monkey house they will be directed to the lower floors.
2) I introduced the idea of building a monkey house. Previously it was a top entry with a small opening on the top.
3) To operate two BH in one. This will be a special method and those birds will not realized that. Depending on which entrance hole they choose they will be directed to which floor or which of the two BHs.
The revamp operation looks good and about to be completed,
What need to be done right now are the followings:
1) Installation of external sound tweeters at one of the two entrance hole.
2) Installation of external sound tweeters around the LAL hole.
3) Installation of external sound tweeters on all those doors erected inside the BH.
4) Installation of internal sound tweeters on the second floor.
5) Installation of external sound tweeters at the lowest floor.
6) Installation of white and street light at the two entrance holes.
7) Installation of owl traps at the two monkey house areas.
8) Installation of owl spikes.
9) Installation of the mist pump system.
10) Installation of amplifiers to the various cables and timers.
11) To test and select the most attractive sounds.
A long list but it will be ready probably within a few more days.
Will report more about it when fully operational.