Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2016

Pedas BH: This BH Need A lot Of Help !!!


The owner literally surrender and wanted my help to reactivate it.

I entered the BH to evaluate what was wrong with it and realized a few things that many BH owners are not aware about.

Yesterday after a JV was agreed upon I entered for the second time to evaluate the scope of works to be carried out inside this BH.

No1 is to clear the surroundings.  The caretaker allows lots of these bushes and trees to grow almost 7 feet around the building.  I cannot find the entrance gate into the fenced areas.

No 2 have something to do with the owls attacks.  The caretaker claimed that there was a new couple that are staying inside the BH.  When I was inside I saw one that flew out and left about 4 eggs.

No 3 the entrance hole areas.  The current hole is elongated about 4 feet long and 2.5 feet high.  The lips were rough finished with very little attention given on the tweeter's arrangements.

No 4 is about the hexagonal tweeters.  I always promote the installation of hexagonal tweeter.  There was none installed at this BH.

No 5 is above long distance tweeters (bazooka).  I think if you install a set of medium range tweeters it will generate more visitors to this BH.

No 6 have something to do with the cantilever cement walkways inside the first room.  This cantilever walkway served very little purpose except is allows those owl to rest on it the moment they entered the main entrance hole.  I need to remove them.

No 7 have to do with the floor lay out.  The LAL on the top most floor was at the opposite end of the main entrance hole.  If those birds wanted to fly downstairs they have to take a very long flight.  It should be somewhere closed to the main entrance hole.  In view of this situation I need to whack the floor open.

No 8 is the floor darkness.  The consultant who gave the floor layout recommendations must be blind.  His mind must be congested and little knowledge about swiftlet.  I heard he was a Professor but I believe swiftlet is not his major.  The top floor was way too bright with no VIP room and with only one room erected just after the main entrance hole.  The amount of light polluting the nesting areas was way to high.

No 9 is about those nesting planks.  Nearly all are dusty and covered with either dust of fungus spores.  They need to be properly cleaned and applied with anti fungus chemical.

No 10 is the installation of 90* wood covers.  I am of a strong opinion that every new young couple that enter a new BH will look forward to erect their nest at thow 90* corners.  Why are we covering them?  I need to open them especially those that are facing the flying in path.

No 11 still on the nesting planks.  The layout of the nesting planks need addition row of cross woods.  These cross woods will add more nesting space and at the same time introduce new 90* corners.

No 12 is about internal sound tweeters.    In the first place the type and shape is wrong.  The second wrong doing is the location where there were installed.  Should not be in the middle of now where but closed to those 90* corners.  I need to re move all and install a new set of tweeters.  This time I plan to use AG 35 tweeters.  All tweeters inside the VIP rooms will be of AG 35 model.

No 13 is about external sound tweeters.  There were a few of them inside the nesting rooms beside the entrance hole but I think they were not well installed.  The precision of where to place them is important.  I need to remove and arrange precisely where they should be located.

No 14 is the quality of amplifiers.  The owner seems to spend very little money on this important gadget.  Using a RM 150 amplifier type is not a good solution.  My best experience is to opt for two units of Teknik BZ 106 with 6 channels with volume controllers.

No 15 is about the BH wetness.  The was a set of mist jet pump.  The owner claimed that it was send for repair.  The pump will help to wet the BH.  Right now after the pump failure it is very dry.

No 16 is about the fake nests.  I can safely predict that the swiftlet species found around this BH love fake nests.  Out of 20 nests found inside nearly 18 were using those plastic made fake nests.  This is where their weakness is.  My plan is to give them as many as I can.

No 17 the smell inside the BH.  I think the smell is plain and no bird shit smell.  A couple of 10 liters will do a big job to neutralize the stranded BH.  Plan to ferment as many liters as possible.

No 18 is the selection of proper sounds.  Current sounds are obsolete and need a new set.  Maybe can use a few especially my new sounds in my collection.

Hope to start revamping this BH soon.

However my first task is to get a JCB tractor to clear the surroundings.





















No comments: