Saturday, December 31, 2011
Happy New Year And My Resolutions !!!
Foremost "Happy New Year" to all my blog readers and let us hope this year 2012 will be the most exciting year in your swiftlet farming.
I am looking forward for some exciting activities plus doing some interesting researches on how to get more birds plus accelerating their growth into all those Birdhouses under my care.
My first target will be a new JV birdhouse in Gambang, Pahang.
I was given this special task to modify a one year old BH, two stories, above a three stories shop house.
The owner knew me about three years ago and she have been following the progress of a BH converted by me in Kepong, Selangor.
What she did was to recommend my name to the owner and I was given the task to revamp the BH with minimal cost.
After 2.5 years into operation the nest numbers grew by almost 5 times.
At that some span of time she converted her BH using her "Brother In Law" (BIL) expertise. It seems that the so called BIL owned one of the most successful BH nearby.
Due to some reason the converted BH can only draw in 10 sets of swiftlet.
She called me to view the house and I recommended what she should do to improve the situation.
"Harry, enough is enough. After waiting for 2,5 years I told my BIL that I wanted to handle the BH myself. I want you to take over the BH and do exactly or better than what you did with the Kepong BH."
I took it as a nice challenge to revamp another failed BH and perhaps use it as a test centre for some interesting ideas that I have recorded in my diary for 2012.
These are some of those interesting things which I plan to execute this year.
1) Use a high end amplifier to see if the sound generated is better that those low end units.
2) Use a specially prepared enzyme to treat one of the four VIP rooms in this newly revamped BH.
3) To get a special aroma to be canned into a canister and spray periodically for a specific period of time.
4) To use a set of external sounds that were tested to be very effective during birds returning home in the evening.
5) The most effective sound shall be modified with baby sounds and shall be played as my internal sound.
6) The use of "Last Tango" sound system to be implemented to divert more birds into the house.
7) The pond located on the top floor to be used as insect generating pond.
8) The additional area on the second floor to be provided with specialized container to manufacture insects.
The affected BH is currently undergoing revamp operation and by next weeks it will be into operation.
This will be an exiting year to conduct more research and to provide more new ideas to all my blog readers.
If you wish to make a trip to view this BH please call 017 7551318. There is a small fee levied as professional fee to help you with your BH.